Re: Community Policing & Law Enforcement - FWD via H.C. Sonny

Tom Boland (wgcp@earthlink.net)
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 23:05:55 -0700 (PDT)

Tedrico, you have such a kind and respectful tone when you "beg to differ"
on Community Policing.  If we can speak from a place of caring and sharing,
no difference can deter us from what we _can_ agree on and act on together.

Why do I believe this, despite having been kicked some in my time?  Because
I have tasted - among friends, at Food Not Bombs and at Rainbow Gatherings
- the sweet fruits of mutual aid.

In fact, some of the best cooperation and community peacekeeping I've seen
has been at nonviolent civil disobedience protests and in the forests with
Rainbow Family.

A world without bosses, money, weapons, cells, muzzles or hunger!  Am I
dreaming?

Am _I_ wrong?  Or has _Civilization_ taken some wrong forks on the
road?--Tom

TO JOIN  <http://aspin.asu.edu/hpn/join.html> or email Tom <wgcp@earthlink.net>