Re: Community Policing & Law Enforcement - FWD via H.C. Sonny

Theodore Latham (tedrico@hotmail.com)
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 21:24:59 PDT

Graeme,

    I wouldn't be surprised if that was just how it was in your
community, and I agree that that is how it is in a majority of
communities nationwide! However, I can say that i have personally
witnessed effective "Community policing" in some of the principal
southern cities, where the police or deputized policing organization
members, have bent over backwards to not only, protect the safety of
those on the streets, but offer assistance and in somecases, "a couple
of bucks out of their own pockets" to try and help some of the "law
abiding" homeless citizens of the community! Augusta, GA; Columbia, SC;
Biloxi, MS; and Birmingham, AL are among some of these southern cities,
in which I have lived on thier streets, and feel their "policing
programs" should be commended and used as an example for making those of
metropolitan regions more effective. Graeme, you strike me as a true
concerned individual for homelessness, and I am glad you're on our team!
Nuff Said!

Regards,

Tedrico Latham

_________________________
TEDRICO'S PAGE
http://members.xoom.com/tedrico/?homelessness
<tedrico@hotmail.com>

Tom Boland <wgcp@earthlink.net> replied:

<dmatthews@acf.dhhs.gov>

>Write on!--Tom Boland <wgcp@earthlink.net>
>
>>wgcp@earthlink.net wrote: [forwarded, actually]
>
>>> With due deference to America's best experts in "community policing"
>>> throughout the country who view COMMACTIONLIST message traffic via
the
>>>Weed &
>>> Seed Correspondence List, a recent Infoseek search for that topic
yielded
>>> several interesting websites.  One the most impressive and
potentially
>>> informative for nonprofit public service organizations is located
at: <snip>