Re: Introduction by new member

Theodore Latham (tedrico@hotmail.com)
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 20:01:42 PDT

Glowing Bubble,

     Welcome to the Homeless People's Network and may I add, you're not
alone in your experiences and you have stumbled into a warm, friendly,
and immensely helpful discussion group, that I'm sure you will find
beneficial in every aspect to your further and future growth as a "homed
person"! Your story is a familiar one and you must never forget all that
you've gone through in the name of "homelessness"! For me personally,
homelessness and hitchhiking served as character builders for the many
years that remain in my life! Once again Welcome to HPN :)

Regards,

Tedrico Latham

_________________________
TEDRICO'S PAGE
http://members.xoom.com/tedrico/?homelessness
<tedrico@hotmail.com>

Glowing Bubble <sonoluminescence@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello, Everyone.
>  Tom invited me to send a brief intro of myself, so I will.
>Actually it turned out to be a long intro, so if you enjoy it,
>go for it, and if not, feel free to delete and move on :)
>I grew up in a very ordinary middleclass neighborhood, well-to-do,
>nice side of town, all the advantages. A stern, responsible Dad, yet
>full of character, a man who was a Marine on one hand, and who picked
up
>fallen baby birds and tried to nurse them back to health on the other.
>An alcoholic mother who nevertheless took reasonably good care of me
and
>my brother. As an overacheiver as a kid, everyone thought I would
really
>go somewhere when I grew up.
>  Well, I did. In my 20's I hitchhiked with a boyfriend who beat me and
>a dog all over the Western states, winding up in Salt Lake City.
>Everyone was nice and kind and rides were easy. This was in the 80's.
On