Re: Community Policing & Law Enforcement - FWD via H.C

Graeme Bacque (gbacque@arcos.org)
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 12:04:02 -0400

wgcp@earthlink.net wrote:

> Dear Friends --
>
> With due deference to America's best experts in "community policing"
> throughout the country who view COMMACTIONLIST message traffic via the Weed &
> Seed Correspondence List, a recent Infoseek search for that topic yielded
> several interesting websites.  One the most impressive and potentially
> informative for nonprofit public service organizations is located at: <snip>

In my 'hood 'community policing' has always consisted of groups of up to seven
cops travelling on foot or by bicycle and systematically terrorizing homeless
persons, sex trade workers - in other words anyone they don't like or who falls
under their stereotypical view of who is a 'criminal.' The thing is, the
politicians who implemented this system acctually thought they were doing us a
favor...
--
Graeme Bacque