Re: Health Care

Tom Boland (wgcp@earthlink.net)
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 07:20:41 -0700 (PDT)

"Bruce D. Burleson" <anvil@quik.com> wrote:
>I just wrote a letter to President Clinton,
>urging him to enact a single-payer,
>national, cradle-to-grave health care
>system.  I figure if he can afford to spend
>$260 billion on "defense" (read, OFFENSE)
>then why not health care?
>Bruce >http://www.boston.quik.com/anvil

Thanks, Bruce.

Some claim that the world's richest nation can't afford health care for
all.  It's a myth that comforts those who want too much, while others have
not enough.  What we can afford is a matter of priorities, and who gets to
choose them.

Which matters more, clean water and nutritious food - or bombs?  As the Tao
Te Ching said in 600 BC of China, "When war horses are bred outside the
city, the granaries are bare."  Not much has changed about empire in the
centuries since.

Seeking peaceful means to homeless peoples' aims.--Tom

TO JOIN  <http://aspin.asu.edu/hpn/join.html> or email Tom <wgcp@earthlink.net>