Re: Diversity Fatigue in the news media: By Norman Solomon FWD

P. Myers (mpwr@u.washington.edu)
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 11:07:40 -0700 (PDT)

This really speaks to me, Tom.  Especially in  how we allow our personal
misery and fear to allow the agendaed politics of division to disallow
networking across identities:  racial/gender/
religious/abled/dis-abled/etc.
as well as across nation-state borders (which hpn, thankfully, does not
do...divide that is!)

I sent a petition for a Denny's boycott to another list yesterday.  Sadly,
although the list owner signed and wished us well, he refused to submit to
the list.

We are all marginalized by the same interests, and *for the same
interests...we need to network; talk; find our voices in a larger common
arena.  As Tom has given us safe space to do so here, I hope he can find a
way to that larger arena....we *will be free.

Pat Myers

"To live dangerously is to live
in the Borderland, where desire,
justice and love meet."