Re: Different News Accounts Considered "FRAUD" of Trut

Graeme Bacque (gbacque@arcos.org)
Tue, 07 Apr 1998 11:28:34 -0400

nternet@c2i2.com wrote:

> I DON'T CARE WHO WROTE THIS ARTICLE, they are a TOTAL SHAM ORGANIZATION and
> always in the future their articles and news must be considered for being
> discounted nearly completely.
> This is a FRAUD of the TRUTH and would only be made by those who are making
> the world problems and misunderstandings go on to continue their idiotic
> world/social domination.  First, read the FRAUD spin below, then read the
> TRUTH which follows:

The Toronto Sun being the right-wing populist rag that it is, this comes as no
surprise it would wish to downplay the desperation illustrated by the situation on
Sunday evening - not only in the numbers who attended in the hope of getting a hot
meal, but in the anger (no doubt triggered by feelings of despair) which
manifested when the food supplies ran out prematurely. The existing food banks and
soup kitchens can no longer meet the demand being placed on them, and my own
impression is that such situations will become more frequent as the
neo-Conservative noose continues to tighten..

I hardly view the Star's version as being the 'truth', mind you, but it seemed to
reflect more accurately what people were experiencing that evening.
--
Graeme Bacque