Re: SPAMMING the Homeless Peoples Network and My Mailbox

Anitra Again (anitra@speakeasy.org)
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 23:00:06 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Homeless Reader wrote:

> Pat Myers, don't send me any more of your offers.
> I will monitor HPN for relevant posts to homelessness and its solutions.
> Charles Wilson (Homeless Reader)

Charles, you are not the only person on this list.  Pat will be
sending other publication notifications to the *list*.  So will many
of the rest of us.  There will be many other forwards, from email
campaigns and political demonstrations to requests for information
about specific shelters in specific areas.  You will find some of them
useful; other members of the list will find other items useful.

On an email list you are your *own* editor.  Take what you can use,
and delete the rest.  But all other members of the list are also our
*own* editors.   We will decide what we find relevant, Charles.  I
appreciate your concern for the quality and the usefulness of the
list.  There is one way that you can pursue that in a way fully
consistent with the principles of self-management and empowerment:
post good and useful information; respond encouragingly to the
posts you like; ignore the posts you don't like.

In my previous post about publication outlets, I became confused and
addressed Dorsie as the "Homeless Reader".  My comments about possible
publication outlets were actually addressed to you.  Use them or
discard them as you will.

WRITE ON! -- Anitra
Save America's Vanishing Frompers! http://members.tripod.com/~AmusedMuse/
"Effective Activism on the Internet" http://www.scn.org/~alf1701/