[Hpn] Vote for Transitions Project in the Netsquared Challenge by Friday, March 21

Sandra Andrews sandra@asu.edu
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:25:25 -0700

------=_Part_16377_14550526.1205947525555

Here is the project we've been preparing. Thanks to all who are
participating, either by sending resource links or by voting! You can put
HPN as your organization when you vote btw.

Vote through Friday, March 21 for Transitions - in the Netsquared challenge
on "Remixing the Web for Social Change"! Winners will be chosen by community
vote [see http://netsquared.org ]. Only 20 of over 120 projects will be
chosen for support, and they will be chosen by those who vote!

Our project, Transitions, is a consortium of five small nonprofits
(including Floaters) working together to
1) bring all of the homeless/displaced persons resources on the web
together, thereby making it easier for folks to find resources and
2) create an innovative curriculum within Second Life that will allow people
in transition to plan their new lives in a safe virtual environment and
create virtual businesses with the help of volunteers and mentors.

Please vote for our project - and ask others to vote as well! Here are the
directions from the Netsquared website: Before you begin - you can check out
the Transitions project at
http://www.netsquared.org/2008/conference/projects/transitions
And then:

Ok. Let's rock the vote!

1. Please register and log in to the NetSquared site at
http://netsquared.org (REGISTER/LOGIN is at the bottom.)
2. Registration has been automated for the duration of the voting process.
If you did not receive a confirmation email, please check your junk mail.
3. Click the "Projects"link to review project proposals.
4. Take a quick tour of the LEGEND in our Voter Guide.pdf.
5. You must choose at least 5 (and up to 10) of your favorite projects.
6. To vote for a project, click on the voting badge or "Add Project to
Ballot" link at the top of the page.
7. You may only vote once for a project. Yes, that includes your own! [Note.
Please vote for Transitions!]
8. If you change your mind on a project, click the "Remove Project from
Ballot" and the project will be removed.
9. Once you have chosen the projects you want to vote for, please review
your selection.
10. Submit your ballot to cast your final votes. Once you SUBMIT, that's it!
11. If you want to see the projects you've just voted for, go to My Ballot
page.

You're done!

And thanks!

Sandy

------=_Part_16377_14550526.1205947525555

project, Transitions, is a consortium of five small nonprofits (including Floaters) working
together to <br>1) bring all of the homeless/displaced persons resources on
the web together, thereby making it easier for folks to find resources
and <br>2) create an innovative curriculum within Second Life that will
allow people in transition to plan their new lives in a safe virtual
environment and create virtual businesses with the help of volunteers
and mentors.<br><br>Please vote for our project - and ask others to
vote as well! Here are the directions from the Netsquared website:
2.
Registration has been automated for the duration of the voting process.
If you did not receive a confirmation email, please check your junk
7. You may only vote once for a project. Yes, that includes your own! [Note. Please vote for Transitions!]<br>8. If you change your mind on a project, click the &quot;Remove Project from Ballot&quot; and the project will be removed.<br>

------=_Part_16377_14550526.1205947525555--