[Hpn] America is becoming a Third World country

William C. Tinker wtinker@verizon.net
Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:37:24 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0200_01C888E4.0DFE4DB0

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/mar/18/america-becoming-third-=
world-country/
America is becoming a Third World country
This Web only Speakout has not been edited.
C. Ballou=20
Tuesday, March 18, 2008=20

COME NOW I can't be the only one who sees what is happening. Before my =
right of freedom of speech is taken away, I want to put my two cents =
worth in.

Does anyone else in America smell a rat, like I do? I am not an =
economist but, Yes, we are in a recession, yes, the housing market is =
crashing. Interest rates on home mortgages should never go above 5%, =
think about it, more families in their own homes, what a concept, and =
there would be very little defaults if any at all, when is enough money, =
enough? If you want to help the American economy then make the Home =
mortgage rates available to all now at 5%, let the American people =
refinance and get their feet underneath them, so that they can help the =
economy by being able to live and make their payments, plus have enough =
to spend on other things.

Why is it that our government thinks that this Band-Aid of $x amount of =
dollars per person or family is going to do anything to help the =
economy. The amount that my family would get will only pay for one of =
our mortgage payments. Do they really believe that the American people =
want to get a new TV more than save their homes.

Wake up! A family can not afford to exist any longer. I would hazard a =
guess that 90% of the people that receive this Band-Aid to boost the =
economy will only pay for bills to try and stay alive one more month. =
Credit Card companies, COME NOW, you are like children with no =
discipline, with the economy drowning you raise your rates so high that =
more people lose than win, again the American people have less income =
and try to stay afloat by using the credit, not wanting to lose there =
homes and still wanting to eat and maybe let their children have a few =
things.

When you raise your rates to the extreme, everyone goes into default. =
You lose and so does the very people you want to have as customers. =
Again the rates should never be higher than 5%, you would have so many =
consumers for your business of loaning money that, there would be no =
need to worry about your income for eternity. Health insurance, there is =
so much controversy over this and the real reason for the controversy is =
the Health insurance industry rules our lives, because of greed.

Does our government really believe that COBRA is a help to those who =
lose their jobs, due to down sizing or closures of business. Do they not =
realize that the premiums are as much as a mortgage payment, with no job =
and no income who can pay the premiums. Which one would you pay first? =
Come Now! Our government has no clue, they vote in raises for themselves =
anytime they please, against the constitution and behind our backs, plus =
being bought off by the drug manufactures, and insurance industry, =
leaves me to wonder where will we end up. With the FDA making laws for =
themselves, not allowing America to be the healthiest country in the =
world, because the drug manufactures know that there is no money in it =
for them, the drug manufactures wont allow for natural remedies to be a =
part of the health of America, because they can't make Money on cures, =
but they sure can on drugs that stop one thing and causes 10 others, =
it's a vicious cycle. With the insurance industry running amok.

The price of health insurance is the death of the other wise healthy =
American, no one can afford it any longer, get real. Put it in a =
percentage of income and make the type of care the same for all, it =
really isn't that hard. Yes, the American Automotive industry is =
crashing down around all of us, due to NAFTA. The automotive industry =
was a very big part of the back bone of America. Americans need to Buy =
American, stop selling America out.

The American made automobiles are better than the foreign made, but most =
Americans are influenced by advertising, wake up there is sensationalism =
that makes you believe, read the facts and support your country. I try =
and buy American all the time, I own a Chevrolet, guess what there isn't =
any thing left, that is made by Americans, it is either China (thanks =
for poisoning me and my dog) I guess the FDA was on vacation for that =
one, or Taiwan. The price of gas, well how about just saying no, and use =
our own, tell OPEC to find someone else to rape.

The other day watching our President George W. Bush act so dumb founded =
about the price of gas going up to $4.00 a gallon of gas by this summer, =
was so very wrong, is our government really that far out of touch with =
reality, because they make some much money, it make no difference to =
them. Do they not realize that this will bring America down. Talk about =
hurting the economy, Americans wont be able to go to work because they =
can't afford the gas and then they can't pay their mortgages because =
they lost their jobs, therefore we have more homeless families.

Is that what our government really wants? We are becoming a third world =
country. It is becoming more evident to me that our government is not =
for the people at all, it is for the money. Case in fact: Nuclear Worker =
denied their rights, if the ground, water and air is contaminated =
wouldn't the workers be contaminated, oh forgive me for being logical. =
The government just doesn't want to pay for their mistakes, but if we =
had done this kind of mistake we would all be in jail.

I am disabled, married and raising two children, the cost of living =
raise for my income is at 1% per calendar year and of that Medicare =
(Insurance) takes 2/3s of it. I want a raise equal to the cost of =
inflation. I also want my government to keep their hands off our money. =
Has anyone else heard that taxation with out representation of Social =
Security income is against the law? My husband is in the Automotive =
industry and we are starving as is thousands of other families.

I have a few suggestions, let's put the brakes on. Isolation for a =
while, to get our feet back under us, to allow Americans to be proud of =
being American helping themselves back up to where we once were. Stop =
the influx of aliens period. Learn English, but be proud of your =
heritage and speak your native tongue. Isn't that what American was all =
about in the beginning?

We Americans have little left, why, my reasoning suggests that maybe it =
could be that we need to take a good look at our history. Why did we =
leave England? Has any one else seen V for Vendetta. If all of this =
continues there will be a repeat of history, because we didn't learn =
from the mistakes of others. There will be a revolt and there is no need =
for one. We need to stop and make the changes now. As one of the =
presidential candidates said,

Time for CHANGE. Is there anyone in the governmental system really free =
from corruption and has big enough kahunas to stand up to the GOB (Good =
ole boys government representatives), the FDA, drug manufactures, and =
the insurance industry to make these things happen? Not that I am =
seeing. WE can only hope for someone to stand up and be for the people.

C. Ballou is a resident of Littleton.

------=_NextPart_000_0200_01C888E4.0DFE4DB0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV id=3Dcontainer_outer>
<DIV id=3Dcontainer_inner>
<DIV id=3Dcontent_container>
<DIV class=3Dtitlebar id=3Dcrumbs>
<H4><A=20
href=3D"http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/mar/18/america-becomin=
g-third-world-country/">http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/mar/18=
/america-becoming-third-world-country/</A></H4></DIV><!-- End crumbs -->
<DIV id=3Dcontent>
<DIV id=3Dstory_header>
<H1 class=3Dheadline>America is becoming a Third World country</H1>
<H2 class=3Dsubhead>This Web only Speakout has not been edited.</H2>
<H3 class=3Dbyline>C. Ballou </H3>
<H4 class=3Dpubdate>Tuesday, March 18, 2008 </H4></DIV><!-- End =
story_header -->
<DIV id=3Dstory_body>
<DIV class=3D"inline inline-left more-inline">
<DIV class=3Dtitlebar>
<H4><!-- End social_links --></H4></DIV></DIV><!-- End .inline -->
<P>COME NOW I can=92t be the only one who sees what is happening. Before =
my right=20
of freedom of speech is taken away, I want to put my two cents worth =
in.</P>
<P>Does anyone else in America smell a rat, like I do? I am not an =
economist=20
but, Yes, we are in a recession, yes, the housing market is crashing. =
Interest=20
rates on home mortgages should never go above 5%, think about it, more =
families=20
in their own homes, what a concept, and there would be very little =
defaults if=20
any at all, when is enough money, enough? If you want to help the =
American=20
economy then make the Home mortgage rates available to all now at 5%, =
let the=20
American people refinance and get their feet underneath them, so that =
they can=20
help the economy by being able to live and make their payments, plus =
have enough=20
to spend on other things.</P>
<P>Why is it that our government thinks that this Band-Aid of $x amount =
of=20
dollars per person or family is going to do anything to help the =
economy. The=20
amount that my family would get will only pay for one of our mortgage =
payments.=20
Do they really believe that the American people want to get a new TV =
more than=20
save their homes.</P>
<P>Wake up! A family can not afford to exist any longer. I would hazard =
a guess=20
that 90% of the people that receive this Band-Aid to boost the economy =
will only=20
pay for bills to try and stay alive one more month. Credit Card =
companies, COME=20
NOW, you are like children with no discipline, with the economy drowning =
you=20
raise your rates so high that more people lose than win, again the =
American=20
people have less income and try to stay afloat by using the credit, not =
wanting=20
to lose there homes and still wanting to eat and maybe let their =
children have a=20
few things.</P>
<P>When you raise your rates to the extreme, everyone goes into default. =
You=20
lose and so does the very people you want to have as customers. Again =
the rates=20
should never be higher than 5%, you would have so many consumers for =
your=20
business of loaning money that, there would be no need to worry about =
your=20
income for eternity. Health insurance, there is so much controversy over =
this=20
and the real reason for the controversy is the Health insurance industry =
rules=20
our lives, because of greed.</P>
<P>Does our government really believe that COBRA is a help to those who =
lose=20
their jobs, due to down sizing or closures of business. Do they not =
realize that=20
the premiums are as much as a mortgage payment, with no job and no =
income who=20
can pay the premiums. Which one would you pay first? Come Now! Our =
government=20
has no clue, they vote in raises for themselves anytime they please, =
against the=20
constitution and behind our backs, plus being bought off by the drug=20
manufactures, and insurance industry, leaves me to wonder where will we =
end up.=20
With the FDA making laws for themselves, not allowing America to be the=20
healthiest country in the world, because the drug manufactures know that =
there=20
is no money in it for them, the drug manufactures wont allow for natural =

remedies to be a part of the health of America, because they can=92t =
make Money on=20
cures, but they sure can on drugs that stop one thing and causes 10 =
others, it=92s=20
a vicious cycle. With the insurance industry running amok.</P>
<P>The price of health insurance is the death of the other wise healthy=20
American, no one can afford it any longer, get real. Put it in a =
percentage of=20
income and make the type of care the same for all, it really isn=92t =
that hard.=20
Yes, the American Automotive industry is crashing down around all of us, =
due to=20
NAFTA. The automotive industry was a very big part of the back bone of =
America.=20
Americans need to Buy American, stop selling America out.</P>
<P>The American made automobiles are better than the foreign made, but =
most=20
Americans are influenced by advertising, wake up there is sensationalism =
that=20
makes you believe, read the facts and support your country. I try and =
buy=20
American all the time, I own a Chevrolet, guess what there isn=92t any =
thing left,=20
that is made by Americans, it is either China (thanks for poisoning me =
and my=20
dog) I guess the FDA was on vacation for that one, or Taiwan. The price =
of gas,=20
well how about just saying no, and use our own, tell OPEC to find =
someone else=20
to rape.</P>
<P>The other day watching our President George W. Bush act so dumb =
founded about=20
the price of gas going up to $4.00 a gallon of gas by this summer, was =
so very=20
wrong, is our government really that far out of touch with reality, =
because they=20
make some much money, it make no difference to them. Do they not realize =
that=20
this will bring America down. Talk about hurting the economy, Americans =
wont be=20
able to go to work because they can=92t afford the gas and then they =
can=92t pay=20
their mortgages because they lost their jobs, therefore we have more =
homeless=20
families.</P>
<P>Is that what our government really wants? We are becoming a third =
world=20
country. It is becoming more evident to me that our government is not =
for the=20
people at all, it is for the money. Case in fact: Nuclear Worker denied =
their=20
rights, if the ground, water and air is contaminated wouldn=92t the =
workers be=20
contaminated, oh forgive me for being logical. The government just =
doesn=92t want=20
to pay for their mistakes, but if we had done this kind of mistake we =
would all=20
be in jail.</P>
<P>I am disabled, married and raising two children, the cost of living =
raise for=20
my income is at 1% per calendar year and of that Medicare (Insurance) =
takes 2/3s=20
of it. I want a raise equal to the cost of inflation. I also want my =
government=20
to keep their hands off our money. Has anyone else heard that taxation =
with out=20
representation of Social Security income is against the law? My husband =
is in=20
the Automotive industry and we are starving as is thousands of other=20
families.</P>
<P>I have a few suggestions, let=92s put the brakes on. Isolation for a =
while, to=20
get our feet back under us, to allow Americans to be proud of being =
American=20
helping themselves back up to where we once were. Stop the influx of =
aliens=20
period. Learn English, but be proud of your heritage and speak your =
native=20
tongue. Isn=92t that what American was all about in the beginning?</P>
<P>We Americans have little left, why, my reasoning suggests that maybe =
it could=20
be that we need to take a good look at our history. Why did we leave =
England?=20
Has any one else seen V for Vendetta. If all of this continues there =
will be a=20
repeat of history, because we didn=92t learn from the mistakes of =
others. There=20
will be a revolt and there is no need for one. We need to stop and make =
the=20
changes now. As one of the presidential candidates said,</P>
<P>Time for CHANGE. Is there anyone in the governmental system really =
free from=20
corruption and has big enough kahunas to stand up to the GOB (Good ole =
boys=20
government representatives), the FDA, drug manufactures, and the =
insurance=20
industry to make these things happen? Not that I am seeing. WE can only =
hope for=20
someone to stand up and be for the people.</P>
<P>C. Ballou is a resident of =
Littleton.</P></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_0200_01C888E4.0DFE4DB0--