[Hpn] All homeless people deserve our help

William C. Tinker wtinker@verizon.net
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 07:43:44 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_00F0_01C86181.82547E30

All homeless people deserve our help
January 28, 2008=20

http://www.modbee.com/opinion/letters/story/193555.html

congratulate you on your ability to find your way out of addiction and =
homelessness to become the mother and grandmother you always wanted to =
be! I am, although, dismayed about your lack of compassion for those =
experiencing what you went through. I, too, have experience with the =
homeless, and I know that the diseases of alcoholism and addiction are =
prevalent in that community. There are myriad issues that plague the =
homeless community.=20

The bottom line is that anyone in need, anywhere, should have access to =
help, not just those who meet a set of arbitrary criteria. Everyone's =
story in homelessness is unique, and to generalize and say that only =
parents with children deserve help is callous, uninformed and =
irresponsible. We need to develop more services for this forgotten =
segment of our community, not deny them the ones we have!

PAUL EDSON

Modesto California

------=_NextPart_000_00F0_01C86181.82547E30

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<H1>All homeless people deserve our help</H1>
<SCRIPT src=3D"http://media.modbee.com/static/scripts/thickbox.js"=20
type=3Dtext/javascript></SCRIPT>
<!-- story media --><!-- /story media --><!-- story body -->
<DIV id=3Dstory_body>
<P class=3Dmodtime>January 28, 2008&nbsp;</P>
<P class=3Dmodtime><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.modbee.com/opinion/letters/story/193555.html">http://w=
ww.modbee.com/opinion/letters/story/193555.html</A></FONT></P><!-- /High =
Five/Most Emailed: story_high_five.comp --><!-- side pane -->
<P>In response to "Stop pampering the druggies" (Jan. 19, Letters): I=20
congratulate you on your ability to find your way out of addiction and=20
homelessness to become the mother and grandmother you always wanted to =
be! I am,=20
although, dismayed about your lack of compassion for those experiencing =
what you=20
went through. I, too, have experience with the homeless, and I know that =
the=20
diseases of alcoholism and addiction are prevalent in that community. =
There are=20
myriad issues that plague the homeless community. </P>
<P>The bottom line is that anyone in need, anywhere, should have access =
to help,=20
not just those who meet a set of arbitrary criteria. Everyone's story in =

homelessness is unique, and to generalize and say that only parents with =

children deserve help is callous, uninformed and irresponsible. We need =
to=20
develop more services for this forgotten segment of our community, not =
deny them=20
the ones we have!</P>
<P><B>PAUL EDSON</B></P>
<P>Modesto California</P></DIV><!-- /story body --><!-- YAHOO CONTENT =
MATCH COMPONENT --></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_00F0_01C86181.82547E30--