[Hpn] [homelessness-poverty] When Evil Prospers

HomesOnWheels@aol.com HomesOnWheels@aol.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2008 02:42:05 EST

-------------------------------1201074125

OK...I WAS gonna shine this thread, but damn....I just can't...and I KNOW
I'm gonna piss people off, but here goes:

I think this blogger has exactly the handle on much of Dr. King's
viewpoints, and how our society has changed... and not for the better.

I'm going to do what we aren't supposed to do anymore; I'm going to speak  my
mind and not sugar coat it in the holy names of modern-day PC,deceit, and BS
in general.

If Dr. King advocated a certain viewpoint, and you or I disagree with that
viewpoint, isn't it proper to cite the original advocate (in this case, Dr.
King) of said viewpoint when stating our opposition?

Or do we instead say: "somebody we aren't permitted to credit believed that
XYZ was beneficial, but I believe that ABC is a better bet and here is why.
Sorry I can't name the original advocate of the opposing viewpoint, but I
might run afoul of the PC police."

Dr. King was an outspoken man of strong beliefs and fearless spirit. Agree
or disagree with his statements or ideas, he was a man of forthrightness and a
diehard believer in justice for the little guy and doing the right thing
BECAUSE  it's the right thing. I know where he stood, warts and all...we all do.
And he  was anything BUT PC.

I find it profoundly disrespectful to his memory to pour endless layers  of
BS over a debate, discussion or disagreement and attempting to  silence and
suppress others who speak, look, or think differently from  ourselves.

This man was most emphatically not a saint....he was a man, and one  with
feet of clay like us all....which makes his courage and outspokenness all  the
more precious and significant...at least to THIS old dog:-)

It's easy to hoot, holler, march, protest and raise hell when you don't  have
anything to lose, or you are so self-elected saintly as to be entirely
unaware of the danger to yourself. True courage and integrity come forth only  when
one IS acutely aware of the potential for great loss to oneself, or even
possible loss of one's own life.

He knew this, and he kept hollering, marching and raising hell anyway. So
good on him.

Whether I agree or not with the government stepping in and taking what I
have in order to give it to someone else deemed more worthy (and by the way, I
don't), isn't the issue here; my issue is with telling people they are not
allowed to speak the name of Dr. King when citing their disagreement with
something he said lest they offend the PC Brigades.

Let's all do something brave and different for a change; let's be more
honest with each other and not hide behind this phony  sensitivity nonsense. Let's
be real with each other, get to deeply know and  really appreciate one
another...not just live in "tolerance" of the other guy.

We almost had it right in the 60's...we were SO close, and now we are more
polarized than ever....only we don't see it because we gloss it all over with
the right words, thoughts, statements and excruciating political correctness.
Nobody talks with anybody else. We're all afraid of each other, of lawsuits,
of  image problems.

And really....speaking for myself....this is NOT why I marched, hollered  and
raised hell. I was tired of injustice. I was tired of BS. I was tired of
people not interacting honestly with one another. And I was willing to go to
jail and more for it.

I am female, and to paraphrase one of Dr. King's more memorable quotes, I
don't want to be judged according to my gender, but according to the content of
my character. Don't do anything to nor for me because I am female, over  50
and disabled...be real and value me as a fellow human being. You don't  have to
love me or even like me, but make the effort to know me and respect me  as a
human being and yes (more non-PC stuff coming) a child of God.

I am also acutely aware of censorship and what it means to tell someone  else
to shut up because you don't like his or her viewpoint or observations. We
can't go down that slippery slope and must never let someone else push us or
anyone else down it, either. One of the first things they do in a budding
totalitarian regime is to indoctrinate the kids, then get control of the press,
speech and thought, then forcibly disarm the little people...then march in and
start killin' folks who disagree, look, think, worship or act differently
from  the accepted party line.

Then where are we? And where is Dr. King's legacy? Why did I march, get
beaten up, Maced and handcuffed? Why did any of us do what we did, put our very
lives on the line?

Nah...I'm not shutting up. I hope nobody else does, either....even Mr.
Conservative blogger who (oh horrors!) actually had it right this time.

That's my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Have a good day.

Clu
Founding Mother: Homes on Wheels
Santa Babylon, CA.

In a message dated 1/22/2008 2:15:16 PM Pacific Standard Time, PerrySandy