[Hpn] When Evil Prospers

William C. Tinker wtinker@verizon.net
Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:33:16 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C85BB4.730557B0

http://whenevilprospers.blogspot.com/2008/01/this-weekend-america-celebra=
tes-life-of.html

WhenEvilProspers
Sunday, January 20, 2008

This weekend America celebrates the life of one of our all-time greatest =
citizens. Martin Luther King Jr was a man whose actions and influence =
were immeasurable and invaluable. He was a man of courage. A man of God. =
A man of the Constitution. His convictions were solid, and he made the =
ultimate sacrifice for his cause. Amen.

It's hard to think of Dr. King without a deep sense of warmth overcoming =
you. He made America a better country. He made us all better people. He =
gave us hope and vision. If I had the opportunity to meet anyone in =
history, Dr King would no doubt be in my top 5 and probably more like =
top 3. Rarely does such a man come along and I look forward to someday =
shaking his hand in the afterlife.

As a conservative, my deep admiration of Dr King sometimes surprises =
people. Usually those people are liberals who hold the belief that =
conservatives are generally racists. I'm not sure exactly why they think =
that but I have my theories, and I think much of it has to do with =
comments like the ones I will make today. We'll see. At any rate, when =
my mind turns to Dr King I often reflect on what he did, what he died =
for, and if his dream has truly been realized. That is today's post.

What is not disputed about Dr King is what he fought and died for. Dr =
King believed in equality. He often quoted the Declaration of =
Independence along with many of the scriptures as he forwarded his cause =
that all men are created equal and all human life has value. In short, =
Dr King was a man who believed in liberty, and he died fighting for =
liberty. He joined the hundreds of thousands of Americans throughout =
history who made the ultimate sacrifice for the one thing that we have =
demonstrated amazing courage in defending.liberty. He may not have died =
in uniform, but that doesn't make his sacrifice any less significant. =
Martin Luther King gave his life so that others can be free. There is =
nothing more American than that.=20

However, as I look back over the past few decades I wonder how much his =
sacrifice helped, and how much it has been exploited. For one, black =
leadership has been severely lacking. I've posted on this before so I'll =
just hit the highpoints. Since Dr King's death, we've seen men like =
Malcolm X, Louis Farrakhan, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton step forward =
as leaders of the black community. The problem is they all failed to =
carry on Dr King's cause and message. Instead, they fostered =
divisiveness, contempt and resentment. Their message was one of =
entitlement. Their message was one of class warfare. Dr King preached =
that we are all in this together, while these men preached more of an =
"us against them" message, and I think the black community has suffered =
because of it. No doubt these men achieved a lot of personal gain both =
financially and politically because of their message, but they have =
overall done very little to further King's cause and to benefit =
America's black population and America as a whole.

Our national political leaders haven't done much better, and I think Dr =
King would be incredibly disappointed in both political parties if he =
were alive today. The Democrats have carried the same tired message =
since the 60s, a message of governmental intervention. "We're the =
government, and we're here to help." It sounds good on the surface, but =
history has taught that it's not the answer to our problems. They feel =
the government has a responsibility to take care of the problems of the =
poor (often considered the same problems in the black community) and =
they teach that the private sector can't be trusted to address these =
problems. They carry out their plan with a tax-and-spend agenda that =
seeks to redistribute income from the haves to the have nots, while =
along the way spewing a lot of rhetoric that often propagates resentment =
and class warfare amongst the people. This fosters a sense of =
entitlement in the black and impoverished community that the Democrats =
are all too eager to reinforce. They feel it's the government's job to =
provide for its citizens. In the process, they campaign on promises of =
giving. They are the party of the government entitlement. They are the =
party of the government handout. Someone on this site recently asked me =
why blacks and minorities favor the Democrats so overwhelmingly, and I =
think that the above explanation is responsible for a lot of that. =
Minorities (many of whom live in poverty) hear the message of handouts =
and, naturally, support the party providing those handouts. But there's =
a big problem with that.=20

My last comment will no doubt bring charges of racism from skeptics. So =
be it. I've been called many names, most of them don't stick. I am not a =
racist in that I believe in equal rights for all law-abiding human =
beings, and I don't believe one's race should change that or that any =
one race is superior to the other. But I do believe that the black =
community has been misled by the Democrat party in the sense that =
they've been convinced that the government must provide for them rather =
than the individual providing for themselves. This breeds complete =
dependence on the government amongst a large segment of the population, =
and since only one party champions this agenda it essentially leads to =
dependence on that one party, assuring that they have the votes to gain =
and stay in power. But what good does it do for the individual. Dr King =
died for liberty. I ask: What liberty does one have when they depend on =
the government for housing, education, healthcare, employment, and =
sometimes food and living expenses? Is this the liberty that King gave =
his life for? Of course not.=20

A wise man once said that this democracy will fail the moment the people =
realize they have the power to vote themselves rewards from the =
treasury. When that happens, the people give up their liberty to gain =
those rewards. I dare say that we are seeing much of that today, and the =
latest campaign verifies that thought every day. How many people base =
their vote on what the candidate promises to give them from the =
treasury? Again, this is not the liberty that King died for. In a way, =
I'm accusing many in the black community of selling out Dr King and his =
dream of liberty and equality so they can have their piece of the =
government pie.

We have to look no further than Hurricane Katrina to see the =
implications of what I'm talking about. Despite the claims of many, =
especially among the black and democrat leadership, that disaster was =
not about race. The charges that Bush ignored things, or doesn't care =
about black people are beyond ludicrous. Many people of all races =
suffered terribly from that storm. Many people, of all socioeconomic =
background and status, lost their homes. But who was left stranded in =
the city, neck deep in the putrid water? It was the poorest citizens. =
Why? Because the poorest of citizens depend on the government for =
security. They have no means to care for themselves, so when times are =
bad they rely on the bureaucracy to care for them, which will ultimately =
leave you wading through neck deep filth fighting for your life. =
Meanwhile, those who are self-dependent were able to escape the storm's =
path. They lost property, but saved themselves. Katrina was a tragic =
metaphor for how we have failed in helping the poor amongst us. More =
government is not the answer. Yet, the promises continue and the =
Democrat leaders keep with their game of class warfare and race baiting. =
They've made Katrina a race issue, and many in the black population have =
bought off on it without realizing that depending on the government is =
ultimately self-destructive.

This is not to say that all liberals have ill intentions. I think many =
have genuine desires to help the needy and truly feel the government is =
the best way to do so. It's the political leadership that I criticize =
because they exploit those feelings for political and partisan gain.

The Republicans hold some blame as well. The black community simply =
doesn't vote for Republicans. I've offered a partial explanation for =
that above, but I also think there is more to it. It's a common =
misconception that conservatives don't care about blacks or the poor. =
This is, of course, absolutely asinine. Conservatives are very generous =
people. We give lots of money to lots of charity programs to help those =
in need. Look at the statistics and you'll see how generous =
conservatives truly are. If we didn't care, we simply wouldn't give. The =
difference is that we don't think the government is fit to handle such a =
task, whereas our charity of choice specializes in doing these things. =
We see money in the hands of the bureaucrats as money that is wasted or =
inappropriately spent. Here's a simple analogy: If I pull up to a =
stoplight and see a homeless person holding a "will work for food" sign, =
I won't give that person money because, chances are, he will spend it on =
booze or drugs. However, I will most certainly give money to a homeless =
shelter or soup kitchen without reservation. Why? Because then I know my =
money is used properly, to actually help people who need help. Therein =
lies the difference. I equate giving money to the government as giving =
money to the homeless guy on the street. Chances are it will not be used =
properly. There is simply too much bureaucracy for the government to be =
able to effectively provide so much to so many without screwing it up =
like we saw during Katrina. Many conservatives feel the same way and are =
considered cold and heartless because of it. Over the years, this has =
been manipulated to paint conservatives as people who don't care. Since =
we oppose government entitlements and handouts, we are made to look as =
though we oppose helping the poor. It's a blatant misrepresentation of =
our core principles.

The problem is that conservatives have done very little to defend =
themselves. We should be echoing the above paragraph at every =
opportunity. Instead, we allow others to paint us as cold-hearted and =
anti-black without answering the charge. As a result, blacks and the =
poor have become anti-conservative and anti-Republican. This is where =
the GOP has failed. And now, many of the GOP politicians have migrated =
to the Left on government spending and advocate big government in a lame =
attempt to help their image and gain votes. It really is quite =
nauseating to see Republican leaders sell out their conservative =
principles to pander to the poor. This is not the way to attract the =
minority vote because it looks phony. The right way is to echo the =
message that conservatives DO care, that we very much want all people to =
prosper and be wealthy and the way to do this is with less goverment.

So, in many ways, Dr King's dream has been realized, but we still have a =
long way to go and it starts with putting an end to the politics and =
class warfare. I will keep up the fight because I believe we CAN achieve =
his vision. We owe it to him, to our country, and to ourselves.

William Charles Tinker, Sr.
New Hampshire Homeless=20
Founded 11-28-99
25 Granite Street=20
Northfield,N.H. 03276-1640 USA=20
Advocates,activists for disabled,displaced human rights.=20
1-603-286-2492=20
http://www.missingkids.com=20
http://www.nationalhomeless.org=20
http://www.newhampshirehomeless.org=20
http://www.newhampshirehomeless-subscribe@topica.com
------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C85BB4.730557B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<H2 class=3Ddate-header><A=20
href=3D"http://whenevilprospers.blogspot.com/2008/01/this-weekend-america=
-celebrates-life-of.html">http://whenevilprospers.blogspot.com/2008/01/th=
is-weekend-america-celebrates-life-of.html</A></H2>
<DIV class=3Ddate-header><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Ddate-header><A=20
href=3D"http://whenevilprospers.blogspot.com/">WhenEvilProspers</A></DIV>=

<H2 class=3Ddate-header>Sunday, January 20, 2008</H2><!-- Begin .post =
-->
<DIV class=3Dpost><A name=3D6257578403329670578></A>
<DIV class=3Dpost-body>
<P>
<DIV style=3D"CLEAR: both"></DIV>This weekend America celebrates the =
life of one=20
of our all-time greatest citizens. Martin Luther King Jr was a man whose =
actions=20
and influence were immeasurable and invaluable. He was a man of courage. =
A man=20
of God. A man of the Constitution. His convictions were solid, and he =
made the=20
ultimate sacrifice for his cause. Amen.<BR><BR>It=92s hard to think of =
Dr. King=20
without a deep sense of warmth overcoming you. He made America a better =
country.=20
He made us all better people. He gave us hope and vision. If I had the=20
opportunity to meet anyone in history, Dr King would no doubt be in my =
top 5 and=20
probably more like top 3. Rarely does such a man come along and I look =
forward=20
to someday shaking his hand in the afterlife.<BR><BR>As a conservative, =
my deep=20
admiration of Dr King sometimes surprises people. Usually those people =
are=20
liberals who hold the belief that conservatives are generally racists. =
I=92m not=20
sure exactly why they think that but I have my theories, and I think =
much of it=20
has to do with comments like the ones I will make today. We=92ll see. At =
any rate,=20
when my mind turns to Dr King I often reflect on what he did, what he =
died for,=20
and if his dream has truly been realized. That is today=92s =
post.<BR><BR>What is=20
not disputed about Dr King is what he fought and died for. Dr King =
believed in=20
equality. He often quoted the Declaration of Independence along with =
many of the=20
scriptures as he forwarded his cause that all men are created equal and =
all=20
human life has value. In short, Dr King was a man who believed in =
liberty, and=20
he died fighting for liberty. He joined the hundreds of thousands of =
Americans=20
throughout history who made the ultimate sacrifice for the one thing =
that we=20
have demonstrated amazing courage in defending=85liberty. He may not =
have died in=20
uniform, but that doesn=92t make his sacrifice any less significant. =
Martin Luther=20
King gave his life so that others can be free. There is nothing more =
American=20
than that. <BR><BR>However, as I look back over the past few decades I =
wonder=20
how much his sacrifice helped, and how much it has been exploited. For =
one,=20
black leadership has been severely lacking. I=92ve posted on this before =
so I=92ll=20
just hit the highpoints. Since Dr King=92s death, we=92ve seen men like =
Malcolm X,=20
Louis Farrakhan, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton step forward as leaders =
of the=20
black community. The problem is they all failed to carry on Dr King=92s =
cause and=20
message. Instead, they fostered divisiveness, contempt and resentment. =
Their=20
message was one of entitlement. Their message was one of class warfare. =
Dr King=20
preached that we are all in this together, while these men preached more =
of an=20
=93us against them=94 message, and I think the black community has =
suffered because=20
of it. No doubt these men achieved a lot of personal gain both =
financially and=20
politically because of their message, but they have overall done very =
little to=20
further King=92s cause and to benefit America=92s black population and =
America as a=20
whole.<BR><BR>Our national political leaders haven=92t done much better, =
and I=20
think Dr King would be incredibly disappointed in both political parties =
if he=20
were alive today. The Democrats have carried the same tired message =
since the=20
60s, a message of governmental intervention. =93We=92re the government, =
and we=92re=20
here to help.=94 It sounds good on the surface, but history has taught =
that it=92s=20
not the answer to our problems. They feel the government has a =
responsibility to=20
take care of the problems of the poor (often considered the same =
problems in the=20
black community) and they teach that the private sector can=92t be =
trusted to=20
address these problems. They carry out their plan with a tax-and-spend =
agenda=20
that seeks to redistribute income from the haves to the have nots, while =
along=20
the way spewing a lot of rhetoric that often propagates resentment and =
class=20
warfare amongst the people. This fosters a sense of entitlement in the =
black and=20
impoverished community that the Democrats are all too eager to =
reinforce. They=20
feel it=92s the government=92s job to provide for its citizens. In the =
process, they=20
campaign on promises of giving. They are the party of the government=20
entitlement. They are the party of the government handout. Someone on =
this site=20
recently asked me why blacks and minorities favor the Democrats so=20
overwhelmingly, and I think that the above explanation is responsible =
for a lot=20
of that. Minorities (many of whom live in poverty) hear the message of =
handouts=20
and, naturally, support the party providing those handouts. But =
there=92s a big=20
problem with that. <BR><BR>My last comment will no doubt bring charges =
of racism=20
from skeptics. So be it. I=92ve been called many names, most of them =
don=92t stick.=20
I am not a racist in that I believe in equal rights for all law-abiding =
human=20
beings, and I don=92t believe one=92s race should change that or that =
any one race=20
is superior to the other. But I do believe that the black community has =
been=20
misled by the Democrat party in the sense that they=92ve been convinced =
that the=20
government must provide for them rather than the individual providing =
for=20
themselves. This breeds complete dependence on the government amongst a =
large=20
segment of the population, and since only one party champions this =
agenda it=20
essentially leads to dependence on that one party, assuring that they =
have the=20
votes to gain and stay in power. But what good does it do for the =
individual. Dr=20
King died for liberty. I ask: What liberty does one have when they =
depend on the=20
government for housing, education, healthcare, employment, and sometimes =
food=20
and living expenses? Is this the liberty that King gave his life for? Of =
course=20
not. <BR><BR>A wise man once said that this democracy will fail the =
moment the=20
people realize they have the power to vote themselves rewards from the =
treasury.=20
When that happens, the people give up their liberty to gain those =
rewards. I=20
dare say that we are seeing much of that today, and the latest campaign =
verifies=20
that thought every day. How many people base their vote on what the =
candidate=20
promises to give them from the treasury? Again, this is not the liberty =
that=20
King died for. In a way, I=92m accusing many in the black community of =
selling out=20
Dr King and his dream of liberty and equality so they can have their =
piece of=20
the government pie.<BR><BR>We have to look no further than Hurricane =
Katrina to=20
see the implications of what I=92m talking about. Despite the claims of =
many,=20
especially among the black and democrat leadership, that disaster was =
not about=20
race. The charges that Bush ignored things, or doesn=92t care about =
black people=20
are beyond ludicrous. Many people of all races suffered terribly from =
that=20
storm. Many people, of all socioeconomic background and status, lost =
their=20
homes. But who was left stranded in the city, neck deep in the putrid =
water? It=20
was the poorest citizens. Why? Because the poorest of citizens depend on =
the=20
government for security. They have no means to care for themselves, so =
when=20
times are bad they rely on the bureaucracy to care for them, which will=20
ultimately leave you wading through neck deep filth fighting for your =
life.=20
Meanwhile, those who are self-dependent were able to escape the =
storm=92s path.=20
They lost property, but saved themselves. Katrina was a tragic metaphor =
for how=20
we have failed in helping the poor amongst us. More government is not =
the=20
answer. Yet, the promises continue and the Democrat leaders keep with =
their game=20
of class warfare and race baiting. They=92ve made Katrina a race issue, =
and many=20
in the black population have bought off on it without realizing that =
depending=20
on the government is ultimately self-destructive.<BR><BR>This is not to =
say that=20
all liberals have ill intentions. I think many have genuine desires to =
help the=20
needy and truly feel the government is the best way to do so. It=92s the =
political=20
leadership that I criticize because they exploit those feelings for =
political=20
and partisan gain.<BR><BR>The Republicans hold some blame as well. The =
black=20
community simply doesn=92t vote for Republicans. I=92ve offered a =
partial=20
explanation for that above, but I also think there is more to it. It=92s =
a common=20
misconception that conservatives don=92t care about blacks or the poor. =
This is,=20
of course, absolutely asinine. Conservatives are very generous people. =
We give=20
lots of money to lots of charity programs to help those in need. Look at =
the=20
statistics and you=92ll see how generous conservatives truly are. If we =
didn=92t=20
care, we simply wouldn=92t give. The difference is that we don=92t think =
the=20
government is fit to handle such a task, whereas our charity of choice=20
specializes in doing these things. We see money in the hands of the =
bureaucrats=20
as money that is wasted or inappropriately spent. Here=92s a simple =
analogy: If I=20
pull up to a stoplight and see a homeless person holding a =93will work =
for food=94=20
sign, I won=92t give that person money because, chances are, he will =
spend it on=20
booze or drugs. However, I will most certainly give money to a homeless =
shelter=20
or soup kitchen without reservation. Why? Because then I know my money =
is used=20
properly, to actually help people who need help. Therein lies the =
difference. I=20
equate giving money to the government as giving money to the homeless =
guy on the=20
street. Chances are it will not be used properly. There is simply too =
much=20
bureaucracy for the government to be able to effectively provide so much =
to so=20
many without screwing it up like we saw during Katrina. Many =
conservatives feel=20
the same way and are considered cold and heartless because of it. Over =
the=20
years, this has been manipulated to paint conservatives as people who =
don=92t=20
care. Since we oppose government entitlements and handouts, we are made =
to look=20
as though we oppose helping the poor. It=92s a blatant misrepresentation =
of our=20
core principles.<BR><BR>The problem is that conservatives have done very =
little=20
to defend themselves. We should be echoing the above paragraph at every=20
opportunity. Instead, we allow others to paint us as cold-hearted and =
anti-black=20
without answering the charge. As a result, blacks and the poor have =
become=20
anti-conservative and anti-Republican. This is where the GOP has failed. =
And=20
now, many of the GOP politicians have migrated to the Left on government =

spending and advocate big government in a lame attempt to help their =
image and=20
gain votes. It really is quite nauseating to see Republican leaders sell =
out=20
their conservative principles to pander to the poor. This is not the way =
to=20
attract the minority vote because it looks phony. The right way is to =
echo the=20
message that conservatives DO care, that we very much want all people to =
prosper=20
and be wealthy and the way to do this is with less goverment.<BR><BR>So, =
in many=20
ways, Dr King's dream has been realized, but we still have a long way to =
go and=20
it starts with putting an end to the politics and class warfare. I will =
keep up=20
the fight because I believe we CAN achieve his vision. We owe it to him, =
to our=20
country, and to ourselves.</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dpost-body>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dpost-body><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dpost-body><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dpost-body><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dpost-body><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dpost-body><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dpost-body><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dpost-body><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dpost-body><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dpost-body><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dpost-body><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dpost-body><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>William Charles Tinker, Sr.<BR>New =
Hampshire=20
Homeless <BR>Founded 11-28-99<BR>25 Granite Street <BR>Northfield,N.H.=20
03276-1640 USA <BR>Advocates,activists for disabled,displaced human =
rights.=20
<BR>1-603-286-2492 <BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.missingkids.com">http://www.missingkids.com</A> =
<BR><A=20