[Hpn] Vt. Homeless Programs Get HUD Grant

William C. Tinker wtinker@verizon.net
Wed, 16 Jan 2008 03:16:34 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C857EE.32C1E520

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=3D7630696&nav=3Dmenu183_2

Vt. Homeless Programs Get HUD Grant

Montpelier, Vermont - January 15, 2008

The federal government is coming though with more help for the homeless.

Governor Jim Douglas and the regional director for the Housing and Urban =
Development Department announced over $1.7 million in federal funds for =
homeless programs in Vermont.

"It is not cheap to provide housing," Douglas said. "It is very =
expensive to a lot of our families and to those who need special help =
too. So, the support from the Housing and Urban Development Department =
is very welcome. They have been very generous in the past few years, =
they are increasing their support and we are going to deploy those =
dollars in a way that meets the needs of many in our community."

Tuesday's announcement took place at the Clara Martin Center Safe Haven =
in Randolph. The facility will be one of several throughout the state =
that will receive a chunk of the money.

Adam Sullivan - WCAX News

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C857EE.32C1E520

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3DVerdana><A=20
href=3D"http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=3D7630696&amp;nav=3Dmenu18=
3_2">http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=3D7630696&amp;nav=3Dmenu183_2=
</A></FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3DVerdana></FONT></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3DVerdana>Vt. Homeless Programs Get HUD Grant<BR =

clear=3Dall></DIV></FONT></STRONG><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV id=3DstoryBody style=3D"DISPLAY: inline" name=3D"storyBody">
<P><EM>Montpelier, Vermont - January 15, 2008</EM></P>
<P>The federal government is coming though with more help for the =
homeless.</P>
<P>Governor Jim Douglas and the regional director for the Housing and =
Urban=20
Development Department announced over $1.7 million in federal funds for =
homeless=20
programs in Vermont.</P>
<P>"It is not cheap to provide housing," Douglas said. "It is very =
expensive to=20
a lot of our families and to those who need special help too. So, the =
support=20
from the Housing and Urban Development Department is very welcome. They =
have=20
been very generous in the past few years, they are increasing their =
support and=20
we are going to deploy those dollars in a way that meets the needs of =
many in=20
our community."</P>
<P>Tuesday's announcement took place at the Clara Martin Center Safe =
Haven in=20
Randolph. The facility will be one of several throughout the state that =
will=20
receive a chunk of the money.</P>
<P><A href=3D"mailto:sullivan@wcax.com">Adam Sullivan</A> - WCAX=20
News</P></DIV></FONT>