[Hpn] Get involved and stand up in support of US War Resisters.

William C. Tinker wtinker@verizon.net
Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:03:07 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0090_01C853CC.32F54DF0

Help spread the word... Mark your calendar now... Get involved and stand =
up in support of US War Resisters.

LET THEM STAY!

January 26th is the Pan-Canadian Day of Action in Support of US War =
Resisters=20

RALLY IN SUPPORT OF US WAR RESISTERS
Saturday January 26 @ 1 PM
Bloor Street United Church, Toronto
300 Bloor Street West (Spadina or St. George subway)

Join communities across Canada on Saturday Jan 26 to demand that =
Parliament pass a provision allowing US war resisters to remain in =
Canada and to call on the government to cease deportation hearings for =
resisters already in Canada.=20

IT'S URGENT THAT WE RAISE VISIBILITY NOW
With the recent Supreme Court decision to not hear appeals of resisters =
it's urgent that we raise political visibility now. The opposition =
parties should unite on this issue and do what's required to "Let Them =
Stay!" =20

Now is the right time to raise visibility. With elections possibly =
coming as soon as this spring, and Parliament returning to session in =
days after the Jan 26 Day of Action we can get our MPs to take notice =
that Canadians want to let the US war resisters stay.=20

Getting the attention of Parliament requires that all Canadians of =
conscience stand up together and be heard.=20

RALLY AND THEN MARCH TO DELIVER MESSAGES TO PARLIAMENT
At the rally we will write hundreds of urgent letters to our MPs. After =
the rally we plan to march to a nearby post office to deliver the =
letters and to send the message that our demand will be heard: Canadians =
of conscience support US War Resisters and demand that we "Let Them =
Stay!"=20

For more information call 416.598.1222 or visit http://www.resisters.ca

Attend the rally... Spread the word... Get involved... Demand that we =
"Let Them Stay!"

William Charles Tinker=20
New Hampshire Homeless=20
Founded 11-28-99
25 Granite Street=20
Northfield,N.H. 03276-1640 USA=20
Advocates,activists for disabled,displaced human rights.=20
1-603-286-2492=20
http://www.missingkids.com=20
http://www.nationalhomeless.org=20
http://www.newhampshirehomeless.org=20
http://www.newhampshirehomeless-subscribe@topica.com
------=_NextPart_000_0090_01C853CC.32F54DF0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Help spread the word... Mark your calendar now... Get involved and =
stand up=20
in support of US War Resisters.<BR><BR>LET THEM STAY!</DIV>
<DIV><BR>January 26th is the Pan-Canadian Day of Action in Support of US =
War=20
Resisters <BR><BR>RALLY IN SUPPORT OF US WAR RESISTERS<BR>Saturday =
January 26 @=20
1 PM<BR>Bloor Street United Church, Toronto<BR>300 Bloor Street West =
(Spadina or=20
St. George subway)<BR><BR>Join communities across Canada on Saturday Jan =
26 to=20
demand that Parliament pass a provision allowing US war resisters to =
remain in=20
Canada and to call on the government to cease deportation hearings for =
resisters=20
already in Canada. <BR><BR>IT'S URGENT THAT WE RAISE VISIBILITY =
NOW<BR>With the=20
recent Supreme Court decision to not hear appeals of resisters it's =
urgent that=20
we raise political visibility now. The opposition parties should unite =
on this=20
issue and do what's required to "Let Them Stay!"&nbsp; <BR><BR>Now is =
the right=20
time to raise visibility. With elections possibly coming as soon as this =
spring,=20
and Parliament returning to session in days after the Jan 26 Day of =
Action we=20
can get our MPs to take notice that Canadians want to let the US war =
resisters=20
stay. <BR><BR>Getting the attention of Parliament requires that all =
Canadians of=20
conscience stand up together and be heard. <BR><BR>RALLY AND THEN MARCH =
TO=20
DELIVER MESSAGES TO PARLIAMENT<BR>At the rally we will write hundreds of =
urgent=20
letters to our MPs. After the rally we plan to march to a nearby post =
office to=20
deliver the letters and to send the message that our demand will be =
heard:=20
Canadians of conscience support US War Resisters and demand that we "Let =
Them=20
Stay!" <BR><BR>For more information call 416.598.1222 or visit <A=20
href=3D"">http://www.resisters.ca</A><BR><BR>Attend the rally... Spread =
the=20
word... Get involved... Demand that we "Let Them Stay!"</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>William Charles Tinker <BR>New =
Hampshire=20
Homeless <BR>Founded 11-28-99<BR>25 Granite Street <BR>Northfield,N.H.=20
03276-1640 USA <BR>Advocates,activists for disabled,displaced human =
rights.=20
<BR>1-603-286-2492 <BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.missingkids.com">http://www.missingkids.com</A> =
<BR><A=20