[Hpn] Re: 25-Percent Of El Paso County's Homeless Are Veterans

William C. Tinker wtinker@verizon.net
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 18:41:26 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_00DC_01C87B02.B0E444C0

=20
That's just the ones that they can count.

There are many many more out on the streets who are hidden, by their own =
design. They are worn out, tired, afraid, and just don't want to be =
counted and attract attention of meddling do-gooders (who do little of =
substance), media, cops, neighbors, legislators, the tourist board, =
businesses or chambers of commerce.=20

They know that attracting attention gets you hassled and busted, and =
it's best to stay quiet and out of sight.=20

Santa Barbara has no shortage of homeless veterans, and I know El Paso =
is not much different. A lot of guys came home to Santa Barbara and =
ended up homeless. I'm sure it's the same everywhere.

Homeless veterans are like the tip of an iceberg; what you see bears =
little relationship to what's under the surface.

We can do so much better in this country, for all our people!

Clu
Founding Mother
Homes On Wheels
Santa Babylon, CA.

------=_NextPart_000_00DC_01C87B02.B0E444C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;</FONT>
<DIV>That's just the ones that they can count.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>There are many many more out on the streets who are hidden, by =
their own=20
design. They are worn out, tired, afraid, and just don't want to be =
counted and=20
attract attention of meddling do-gooders (who do little of substance), =
media,=20
cops, neighbors, legislators, the tourist board, businesses or chambers =
of=20
commerce. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>They know that attracting attention gets you hassled and busted, =
and it's=20
best to stay quiet and out of sight. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Santa Barbara has no shortage of homeless veterans, and I know El =
Paso is=20
not much different. A lot of guys came home to Santa Barbara and ended =
up=20
homeless. I'm sure it's the same everywhere.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Homeless veterans are like the tip of an iceberg; what you see =
bears little=20
relationship to what's under the surface.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We can do so much better in this country, for all our people!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Clu</DIV>
<DIV>Founding Mother</DIV>
<DIV>Homes On Wheels</DIV>