[Hpn] Annual Homeless Marathon will be aired on WGDR; Times Argus; 2/19/2008

Morgan W. Brown morganbrown@gmail.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:30:03 -0500

-------Forwarded fyi-------

Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Times Argus
[Barre - Montpelier, Vermont]
Local & Regional News section
Annual Homeless Marathon will be aired on WGDR
http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080219/NEWS02/802190379/1003/NEWS02

February 19, 2008

PLAINFIELD  WGDR-91.1 will broadcast part of the 11th Annual
Homelessness Marathon Wednesday, Feb. 20 from 9 p.m. until 1 a.m. The
first two hours will be hosted by Joseph Gainza, with Morgan Brown, a
blogger and advocate for the homeless, providing a local perspective.
Brown himself has been homeless in the past. Greg Hooker, WDGR's
general manager, and Brown will finish out the evening.

"I think it's a good show," Hooker said, noting that the station ran
the show last year. "We try to give voice to the underserved, and
homeless people are among the most underserved."

The broadcast originates from the Campus for Human Development in
Nashville, Tenn. The site provides services for both emergency and
long-term homeless in Nashville.

The mission of the Homeless Marathon is to raise consciousness by
covering a broad range of topics, speaking with experts, taking calls
from around the country and, above all, by putting homeless people on
the air directly.

"They talk about how great the economy is," Hooker said, "and I
haven't heard any of the political candidates last year or this year
talking about homeless people. I think especially with this subprime
mortgage crisis going on, it's a bad problem."

The complete marathon runs from 7 p.m. on Feb. 20 to 9 a.m. on Feb.
21. For more information, visit http://www.homelessnessmarathon.org.

 Staff, wire reports

distributed without charge or profit to those who have expressed a
prior interest in receiving this type of information for non-profit
research and educational purposes only.**

-------End of forward-------