[Hpn] Homeless man beaten at San Leandro encampment

William C. Tinker wtinker@verizon.net
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:52:52 -0400

Homeless man beaten at San Leandro encampment
FROM STAFF REPORTS

04/29/2008

http://www.insidebayarea.com/oaklandtribune/localnews/ci_9095883

SAN LEANDRO _ A homeless man was seriously injured Monday night by two women
who beat him with a metal object and kicked him, authorities said.
The 55-year-old victim, whose name was withheld, was taken to the Eden
Medical Center intensive care unit for treatment of non-life-threatening
head injuries, Lt. Tom Overton said.

The man had a concussion as a result of bleeding in his brain, Overton said.

The beating occurred at about 8:15 p.m. at a homeless encampment on San
Leandro Boulevard near Thornton Street, Overton said.

Police have identified but not yet apprehended two suspects - a 25-year-old
African-American woman and an 18-year-old Hispanic woman - who Overton said
beat the man when he came to the defense of a homeless woman they were
arguing with.

Overton said both suspects have criminal histories.

"We know who they are, we're just trying to catch up to them now," Overton
said.

William Charles Tinker,Sr.
Founded 11-28-99
New Hampshire Homeless
25 Granite Street
Northfield,N.H. 03276-1640 USA
Advocates,activists for disabled,displaced human rights.
1-603-286-2492
http://www.missingkids.com
http://www.nationalhomeless.org
http://www.newhampshirehomeless.org