[Hpn] HPN to Move to New Server - finally!

Sandra Andrews sandya@asu.edu
Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:18:09 -0700

------=_Part_13578_16734313.1208902689618

Hi HPN-ers,

As you may know, the HPN list is being moved to a new and beautiful server,
courtesy of our new server person, Peggy Balaberda.

In the hopefully near future, you will get an email saying that "you have
been added to the HPNLIST." Don't worry - you have actually just been moved
over to the new version of the list. You don't need to do anything more.

There is one major change on the new list. In order to minimize spam,
whenever you post to the list you will be sent a note asking for
confirmation. If you did in fact send the post, then all you have to do is
to confirm. This will definitely ease the workload for Peggy.

A related change is that we have a new role - News Correspondent. A News
Correspondent is someone who posts news articles on a regular basis, and
whose work would be slowed down if it were necessary to confirm each
message. At this point our News Correspondent is Bill.

Write me if you have questions,

Sandy