[Hpn] 3 found dead in rural area in Washington state

William C. Tinker wtinker@verizon.net
Wed, 26 Dec 2007 16:54:12 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C847DF.F12E4680

3 found dead in rural area in Washington state; police say it's homicide

http://canadianpress.google.com:80/article/ALeqM5iAedg-2aTPa5cFVWYwCMnU5k=
BDuA

CARNATION, Wash. - At least three people were found dead in a house in a =
wooded area early Wednesday and police said it was a case of homicide.

The victims seemed to be two adults and a child, said Sgt. Jim Laing of =
the King County sheriff's office.

Authorities released few details, but Laing said there appeared to be =
more victims,

Det. Bob Conner said only that there were multiple victims. He would not =
say how the victims died, give their ages, or say if any weapons were =
found. Investigators had not yet determined when they died, he said.

Conner referred to the deaths as homicides, and Laing said they were not =
caused by carbon monoxide or other accident.

"We're still gathering evidence," Conner told reporters at the end of a =
dirt road leading to the house and a cluster of other homes in a mostly =
rural area. "At this point, you'll see a lot of people coming in and =
out. That's because we're still bringing in detectives due to the =
complexity of this investigation."

Detectives were searching nearby properties in the forested area but =
Conner would not say why.

However, he added: "I can assure you there's no threat at this point to =
any neighbours living in this area."

The bodies were discovered about 8 a.m. by someone who knows the family =
who occupy the isolated house and called 911, Laing said.

Carnation is in a mostly rural area about 30 kilometres east of Seattle.

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C847DF.F12E4680

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<H1>3 found dead in rural area in Washington state; police say it's=20
homicide</H1>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://canadianpress.google.com:80/article/ALeqM5iAedg-2aTPa5cFVW=
YwCMnU5kBDuA">http://canadianpress.google.com:80/article/ALeqM5iAedg-2aTP=
a5cFVWYwCMnU5kBDuA</A></FONT></DIV>
<P class=3Dhn-byline><SPAN class=3Dhn-date></SPAN></P>
<P>CARNATION, Wash. - At least three people were found dead in a house =
in a=20
wooded area early Wednesday and police said it was a case of =
homicide.</P>
<P>The victims seemed to be two adults and a child, said Sgt. Jim Laing =
of the=20
King County sheriff's office.</P>
<P>Authorities released few details, but Laing said there appeared to be =
more=20
victims,</P>
<P>Det. Bob Conner said only that there were multiple victims. He would =
not say=20
how the victims died, give their ages, or say if any weapons were found. =

Investigators had not yet determined when they died, he said.</P>
<P>Conner referred to the deaths as homicides, and Laing said they were =
not=20
caused by carbon monoxide or other accident.</P>
<P>"We're still gathering evidence," Conner told reporters at the end of =
a dirt=20
road leading to the house and a cluster of other homes in a mostly rural =
area.=20
"At this point, you'll see a lot of people coming in and out. That's =
because=20
we're still bringing in detectives due to the complexity of this=20
investigation."</P>
<P>Detectives were searching nearby properties in the forested area but =
Conner=20
would not say why.</P>
<P>However, he added: "I can assure you there's no threat at this point =
to any=20
neighbours living in this area."</P>
<P>The bodies were discovered about 8 a.m. by someone who knows the =
family who=20
occupy the isolated house and called 911, Laing said.</P>
<P>Carnation is in a mostly rural area about 30 kilometres east of=20
Seattle.</P></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C847DF.F12E4680--