[Hpn] Christmas reminder brave men and women in uniform who are still in harms way!

William C. Tinker wtinker@verizon.net
Mon, 24 Dec 2007 18:57:50 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C8465E.E1470FE0

http://cbs2.com:80/local/Christmas.Southern.California.2.617354.html

Dec 24, 2007=20

Celebrate Christmas

LOS ANGELES (CBS) ? Christmas will be celebrated Tuesday, as Southland =
residents mark the anniversary of Jesus' birth with gift-giving, church =
services and efforts to help the homeless and poor.=20

Three Masses will be celebrated at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the =
Angels. Cardinal Roger Mahony will lead the 10 a.m. English-language =
service and be present for the 12:30 p.m. Spanish-language Mass. An =
English-language Mass also will be celebrated at 8 a.m.=20

Tuesday's charitable events will include celebrity host Dick Van Dyke =
and 200 volunteers serving 2,000 homeless and near-homeless men, women =
and children a Christmas brunch at the Midnight Mission. A Santa's =
Village will also be set up where toys will be given to children.=20

The Catholic priest known as Father Dollar Bill will continue his =
tradition of more than 20 years of handing out $15,000 in dollar bills =
and larger denominations to Skid Row residents.=20

The Rev. Maurice Chase will be giving out the money in front of the Fred =
Jordan Mission beginning at 9 a.m., with the first 10 people in =
wheelchairs each receiving $100, Chase said.=20

In Hollywood, 110-year-old Ronnie Fairbanks, described as the nation's =
third-oldest man, will be among the more than 650 homeless men, women =
and children, seniors and the disabled receiving a chicken dinner, =
healthy snacks and a new sleeping bag at Food on Foot's annual Christmas =
Day program.=20

The Laugh Factory will conduct its 29th annual free Christmas dinner, =
providing Christmas dinner to members of the entertainment industry or =
anyone finding themselves alone on Christmas Day. Comedians will perform =
during each meal and volunteers will give each child a toy. Comedians =
Dane Cook, Jamie Kennedy, Jon Lovitz and Paul Rodriguez are expected to =
be volunteer servers.=20

Christmas Day charity also extends to the Jewish community, with Temple =
Israel continuing its tradition of 25 years of hosting a dinner for the =
homeless and poor, which will be held at the Hollywood United Methodist =
Church.=20

As many as 1,500 people have been served at the dinner. Health care and =
hygiene products, blankets and socks are also distributed, along with =
toys to children.=20

In his Christmas message, President Bush said, "At this special time of =
the year, we give thanks for Christ's message of love and mercy and we =
are reminded of our responsibility to serve. America is blessed to have =
many fine citizens who reach out with a compassionate hand to help =
brothers and sisters in need. We also remember our brave men and women =
in uniform who have volunteered to defend us in distant lands."=20

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C8465E.E1470FE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://cbs2.com:80/local/Christmas.Southern.California.2.617354.h=
tml">http://cbs2.com:80/local/Christmas.Southern.California.2.617354.html=
</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dec 24, 2007 </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Celebrate Christmas</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3Dcbstv_attribution><FONT color=3D#676767>LOS ANGELES =
(CBS) &#8213;=20
</FONT></SPAN>Christmas will be celebrated Tuesday, as Southland =
residents mark=20
the anniversary of Jesus' birth with gift-giving, church services and =
efforts to=20
help the homeless and poor. <BR><BR>Three Masses will be celebrated at =
the=20
Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels. Cardinal Roger Mahony will lead the =
10 a.m.=20
English-language service and be present for the 12:30 p.m. =
Spanish-language=20
Mass. An English-language Mass also will be celebrated at 8 a.m.=20
<BR><BR>Tuesday's charitable events will include celebrity host Dick Van =
Dyke=20
and 200 volunteers serving 2,000 homeless and near-homeless men, women =
and=20
children a Christmas brunch at the Midnight Mission. A Santa's Village =
will also=20
be set up where toys will be given to children. <BR><BR>The Catholic =
priest=20
known as Father Dollar Bill will continue his tradition of more than 20 =
years of=20
handing out $15,000 in dollar bills and larger denominations to Skid Row =

residents. <BR><BR>The Rev. Maurice Chase will be giving out the money =
in front=20
of the Fred Jordan Mission beginning at 9 a.m., with the first 10 people =
in=20
wheelchairs each receiving $100, Chase said. <BR><BR>In Hollywood, =
110-year-old=20
Ronnie Fairbanks, described as the nation's third-oldest man, will be =
among the=20
more than 650 homeless men, women and children, seniors and the disabled =

receiving a chicken dinner, healthy snacks and a new sleeping bag at =
Food on=20
Foot's annual Christmas Day program. <BR><BR>The Laugh Factory will =
conduct its=20
29th annual free Christmas dinner, providing Christmas dinner to members =
of the=20
entertainment industry or anyone finding themselves alone on Christmas =
Day.=20
Comedians will perform during each meal and volunteers will give each =
child a=20
toy. Comedians Dane Cook, Jamie Kennedy, Jon Lovitz and Paul Rodriguez =
are=20
expected to be volunteer servers. <BR><BR>Christmas Day charity also =
extends to=20
the Jewish community, with Temple Israel continuing its tradition of 25 =
years of=20
hosting a dinner for the homeless and poor, which will be held at the =
Hollywood=20
United Methodist Church. <BR><BR>As many as 1,500 people have been =
served at the=20
dinner. Health care and hygiene products, blankets and socks are also=20
distributed, along with toys to children. <BR><BR>In his Christmas =
message,=20
President Bush said, "At this special time of the year, we give thanks =
for=20
Christ's message of love and mercy and we are reminded of our =
responsibility to=20
serve. America is blessed to have many fine citizens who reach out with =
a=20
compassionate hand to help brothers and sisters in need. We also =
remember our=20
brave men and women in uniform who have volunteered to defend us in =
distant=20
lands." </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C8465E.E1470FE0--