[Hpn] A New Round of Houseless/Homeless Protests

William C. Tinker wtinker@verizon.net
Sun, 29 Apr 2007 20:05:18 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C78A99.B59B6D40

http://www.daosu.com/2007/04/29/a-new-round-of-houselesshomeless-protests=
/

Apr 29=20
A New Round of Houseless/Homeless Protests=20

The Houseless/Homeless of the area want a camp ground that they can =
maintain and live at. That would be great but I don't see them getting =
it. There are plenty of people camping out living homeless in this area =
but everytime they set up one of these big camps it gets raided and they =
loose all their stuff. Last Wednesday the homeless began protesting =
again in the area and this time it resulted in around 20 arrests. Once =
again they didn't get their belongings back and so they went and camped =
out at the Arcata Police Department front lawn. I'm not sure what =
happened after that since I only listen to the radio during work. I did =
run into a houseless guy at a bus stop drinking MadDog 20/20 and he had =
a copy of the same article but not real new news for me. He did offer me =
a slug off his bottle but I passed. I just don't see these protests =
getting anyone a camp ground. Its far to expensive to maintain and the =
narcotic problem in the area is growing. It would just be tents full of =
junkies like in Santa Cruz when I first hit the streets.

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C78A99.B59B6D40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><SPAN class=3Dmonth><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.daosu.com/2007/04/29/a-new-round-of-houselesshomeless-=
protests/">http://www.daosu.com/2007/04/29/a-new-round-of-houselesshomele=
ss-protests/</A></FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3Dmonth></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3Dmonth>Apr</SPAN><SPAN class=3Dday> 29 </SPAN></DIV>
<H3 class=3Detitle id=3Dpost-768><A=20
href=3D"http://www.daosu.com/2007/04/29/a-new-round-of-houselesshomeless-=
protests/"=20
rel=3Dbookmark><FONT color=3D#fa7ff1>A New Round of Houseless/Homeless =
Protests=20
</FONT></A></H3>
<DIV class=3Demeta>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Debody>
<P align=3Dleft>&nbsp;</P>
<P align=3Dleft><A=20
href=3D"http://www.daosu.com/images/uploads/2007/04/houseless-homeless-ar=
cata-humboldt-2.jpg"></A>The=20
Houseless/Homeless of the area want a camp ground that they can maintain =
and=20
live at. That would be great but I don=92t see them getting it. There =
are plenty=20
of people camping out living homeless in this area but everytime they =
set up one=20
of these big camps it gets raided and they loose all their stuff. Last =
Wednesday=20
the homeless began protesting again in<A=20
href=3D"http://www.daosu.com/images/uploads/2007/04/houseless-homeless-ar=
cata-humboldt-1.jpg"></A>=20
the area and this time it resulted in around 20 arrests. Once again they =
didn=92t=20
get their belongings back and so they went and camped out at the Arcata =
Police=20
Department front lawn. I=92m not sure what happened after that since I =
only listen=20
to the radio during work. I did run into a houseless guy at a bus stop =
drinking=20
MadDog 20/20 and he had a copy of the same article but not real new news =
for me.=20
He did offer me a slug off his bottle but I passed. I just don=92t see =
these=20
protests getting anyone a camp ground. Its far to expensive to maintain =
and the=20
narcotic problem in the area is growing. It would just be tents full of =
junkies=20
like in Santa Cruz when I first hit the streets.</P></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C78A99.B59B6D40--