[Hpn] Kidnapping call reveals stash house

William C. Tinker wtinker@verizon.net
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 21:08:40 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C78910.3ABC4ED0

http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=3D6434477

Kidnapping call reveals stash house

April 27, 2007 =20

A 911 call to report a kidnapping on the south side leads police to =
stash house full of illegal immigrants.

Just after 7:00 Thursday morning, a woman called 911 saying her husband =
had been kidnapped.=20

Police came to the house in the 10,000 block of South Epperson Lane.

That's near Nogales Highway and Summit Street.

Fourty-one illegal immigrants were taken for questioning from the home.

Pima County Sheriff's Deputy Dawn Barkman says, "The illegals, when we =
found them, said that they had not eaten or drank any water in a couple =
of days.  We immediately got water out here for them.  Obviously, =
they're going to be taken care of."

A woman who lives nearby says she never say anything suspicious.

"We're always at my sister-in-laws house and she's their neighbor.  We =
never see anything weird going on."

Another neighbor tells News 4 that he constantly saw vehicles coming in =
and out of the home at night, and thought it was strange.

Then there's the surveillance cameras detectives found on the property.  =

This is only one part of the investigation.  It all began when the woman =
who lives at the home called 911 saying her husband had been kidnapped.

Dep. Barkman says, "Apparently they forced her husband into the vehicle =
and there was some type of injury.  We don't know if he was shot, we =
don't know what the injury is, but there is blood at the residence."

The woman's husband is identified as 43 year old Rito Najera. =20

He was last seen being forced into a black Lincoln navigator.            =
   =20

ICE officials say a total of 41 illegal immigrants were taken into =
questioning and one person was arrested for human smuggling.

William Charles Tinker=20
New Hampshire Homeless=20
Founded 11-28-99
25 Granite Street=20
Northfield,N.H. 03276-1640 USA=20
Advocates,activists for disabled,displaced human rights.=20
1-603-286-2492=20
http://www.missingkids.com=20
http://www.nationalhomeless.org=20
http://www.newhampshirehomeless.org=20
newhampshirehomeless-subscribe@topica.com=20

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C78910.3ABC4ED0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3DVerdana><A=20
href=3D"http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=3D6434477">http://www.kvoa=
.com/Global/story.asp?S=3D6434477</A></FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3DVerdana></FONT></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3DVerdana>Kidnapping call reveals stash house<BR =

clear=3Dall></DIV></FONT></STRONG>
<P style=3D"MARGIN: 5px 0px"><FONT style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 9px; COLOR: =
#000000">
<SCRIPT language=3DJavaScript>var wn_last_ed_date =3D getLEDate("Apr 27, =
2007 10:17 AM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date);</SCRIPT>
<FONT face=3DVerdana>April 27, 2007&nbsp;</FONT></FONT> </P><FONT =
color=3D#000000=20
size=3D2>
<DIV id=3DstoryBody style=3D"DISPLAY: inline" name=3D"storyBody">
<P><STRONG>A 911 call to report a kidnapping on the south side leads =
police to=20
stash house full of illegal immigrants.</STRONG></P>
<P>Just after 7:00 Thursday morning, a woman called 911 saying her =
husband had=20
been kidnapped. </P>
<P>Police came to the house in the 10,000 block of South Epperson =
Lane.</P>
<P>That's near Nogales Highway and Summit Street.</P>
<P>Fourty-one illegal immigrants were taken for questioning from the =
home.</P>
<P>Pima County Sheriff's Deputy Dawn Barkman says, "The illegals, when =
we found=20
them, said that they had not eaten or drank any water in a couple of =
days.&nbsp;=20
We immediately got water out here for them.&nbsp; Obviously, they're =
going to be=20
taken care of."</P>
<P>A woman who lives nearby says she never say anything suspicious.</P>
<P>"We're always at my sister-in-laws house and she's their =
neighbor.&nbsp; We=20
never see anything weird going on."</P>
<P>Another neighbor tells <STRONG>News 4</STRONG> that he constantly saw =

vehicles coming in and out of the home at night, and thought it was =
strange.</P>
<P>Then there's the surveillance cameras detectives found on the =
property.&nbsp;=20
</P>
<P>This is only one part of the investigation.&nbsp; It all began when =
the woman=20
who lives at the home called 911 saying her husband had been =
kidnapped.</P>
<P>Dep. Barkman says, "Apparently they forced her husband into the =
vehicle and=20
there was some type of injury.&nbsp; We don't know if he was shot, we =
don't know=20
what the injury is, but there is blood at the residence."</P>
<P>The woman's husband is identified as 43 year old Rito Najera.&nbsp; =
</P>
<P>He was last seen being forced into a black Lincoln navigator.=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;</P>
<P>ICE officials say a total of 41 illegal immigrants were taken into=20
questioning and one person was arrested for human =
smuggling.</P></DIV></FONT>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>William Charles Tinker <BR>New =
Hampshire Homeless=20
<BR>Founded 11-28-99<BR>25 Granite Street <BR>Northfield,N.H. 03276-1640 =
USA=20
<BR>Advocates,activists for disabled,displaced human rights. =
<BR>1-603-286-2492=20
<BR><A =
href=3D"http://www.missingkids.com">http://www.missingkids.com</A> =
<BR><A=20