[Hpn] Looking for a couple to live with and care for a gentle, charming man

William Charles Tinker wtinker@verizon.net
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:04:33 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Phyllis Woods  parishoner@comcast.net
Wednesday, March 22, 2006

On another subject, I wonder if you'd have any idea if there were folks in
my area, perhaps needing shelter, who might be able to take advantage of
this need while also benefiting from the comfortable living arrangements.
This is the situation:

I have a friend who needs help with their son/brother.  This is the notice
they've asked me to circulate.

"Looking for a couple to live with and care for a gentle, charming man with
Down Syndrome in his two-bedroom apartment in Dover, NH.
Roommate/companion(s) will receive a monthly stipend. The rent and utilities
are paid for.  Much of the grocery expenses are also taken care of.  Joe's
family provides respite care two weekends per month."

"Joe, Age 51, needs help with his medications and ADL's (Activities in Daily
Living) such as dressing, bathing, dental hygiene, and other personal care.
He needs prompting at meals.  Joe has no serious medical problems."

"Joe attends a day program from 9 AM to 3 PM on weekdays, so he needs care
and support early mornings, weeknights, and some weekends.  Joe has no alone
time, except for his chore of taking trash to the dumpster.  Joe loves music
and loves to dance.  He also loves to swim, bowl, and make beaded
bracelets."

If you know anyone, or a couple, who would be responsible enough to take on
this responsibility in return for free shelter and food, please let me know
and I'll get them in touch with his family to see if they are suitable.  Joe
is really a darling little guy and I enjoy being around him myself.

Just thought I'd pass along the opportunity in case there is a way that
needs of two parties can be met.

Thanks,

Phyllis Woods
1 Barry St.
Dover, NH
603-749-2177

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0612-1, 03/22/2006
Tested on: 3/22/2006 7:04:34 PM