[Hpn] Hallmark Channel Press Kit Informational Sheet: 'Our House'

Morgan W. Brown morganbrown@gmail.com
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:47:54 -0500

------=_Part_1866_32932655.1142290074949

-------Forwarded fyi-------

url: http://community.livejournal.com/homelessness/39475.html

found at:

Homelessness Live Journal Community:
http://community.livejournal.com/homelessness/

Hallmark Channel film to promote awareness of the homeless epidemic in
America
Dear friends,

The best entertainment programs have the added ability to raise awareness,
promote understanding and instigate change.

"Our House," a Hallmark Channel Original movie, which stars five-time Emmy(=
r)
Award-winner Doris Roberts and "Scrubs" sensation Judy Reyes, and which
premieres exclusively on the network Saturday, March 25 (9/8 c), is such a
program.

"Our House" is a poignant story about the "wrong" side of the tracks in the
lives of two women. Being from the "wrong" side of the tracks =96 a parlanc=
normally associated with a lack of riches -- certainly applies to Billy
(Reyes), the homeless heroine of this story. But for Ruth Galloway
(Roberts), desperately lonely since her husband's death, a Beverly Hills
mansion can also be an empty tomb.

It is within this idiom of the "wrong" side of the tracks that Ruth and
Billy finally meet. Billy saves Ruth from committing suicide after Ruth
collapses from a pill overdose in the alley behind her palatial home. As a
street person, Billy's natural instinct is to distrust police and they do
not disappoint her when she is arrested for what law enforcement believes i=
an assault on Ruth.

When Ruth recovers and returns home, she realizes her beliefs and attitudes
toward homeless people have consisted of looking at the world in a picture
full of small distracting images -- with down-on-their-luck street people a=
America's "Where's Waldo?" Right in front of us if we choose to see and
non-existent if we choose to be oblivious.

Ruth, who now chooses to see, comes to learn that many of homeless people
have merely fallen on hard times or endured crippling personal tragedies.
With this new insight, Ruth's life is uplifted and renewed when she opens
her Beverly Hills mansion to Billy and others who need a "hand up" to get
their lives back on track. Billy, in turn, gets a fresh start and pays it
forward to others who are in need.

Hallmark Channel, Doris Roberts and Judy Reyes have made a commitment to
utilize the press and promotion of "Our House" to help create awareness and
understanding of the needs of America's homeless.

In Los Angeles alone, some 100,000 people live on the streets every day.
According to Bob Erlenbusch, head of the National and Los Angeles
Coalition(s) to end Hunger and Homelessness, if all of the homeless in Los
Angeles' 88 cities were brought together in one area, that location would
become America's 17th largest city!

Throughout Hallmark Channel's robust promotion of "Our House," we hope to
highlight BRING AMERICA HOME, the legislation recently introduced in the
108th Congress by Representative Julia Carson. The BRING AMERICA HOME act i=
also endorsed by the U.S. Conference of Mayors.

Hallmark Channel embraces America's families. As you watch "Our House,"
please help us keep America's homeless =96 many of whom are only children -=
-
in our thoughts and prayers. Together we can do so much!

For more information, please contact me at stevenfeldman@hallmarkchannel.co=

-------End of forward-------

fyi: blog posts of mine - to date (my review of 'Our House' to come):
*Sunday, March 12, 2006* Norsehorse's Home Turf Original Hallmark Channel
Movie - 'Our House': Showings at Another Way Drop-In Center; Friday, March
17th at 2:00 PM & 6:00 PM
http://norsehorses-turf.blogspot.com/2006/03/original-hallmark-channel-movi=
e-our.html

*Friday, March 10, 2006*Norsehorse's Home Turf  *Our House* - A Hallmark
Original TV Movie: March 25th & March 30th
http://norsehorses-turf.blogspot.com/2006/03/our-house-hallmark-original-tv=
-movie.html

Morgan morganbrown@gmail.com
Morgan W. Brown
Montpelier, Vermont, USA
Norsehorse's Home Turf:
http://norsehorses-turf.blogspot.com

------=_Part_1866_32932655.1142290074949

--Forwarded fyi-------<br><br>---------------------------------------------=
le=3D"font-weight: bold;">
=3D"_blank" onclick=3D"return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">

//community.livejournal.com/homelessness/" target=3D"_blank" onclick=3D"ret=
urn top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">

 style=3D"direction: ltr;"><span class=3D"e" id=3D"q_109f5c8c5d024338_1"><s=
ize=3D"4">
ss of the homeless epidemic in America
have the added ability to raise awareness, promote understanding and instig=
ate change.
rs five-time Emmy&reg; Award-winner Doris Roberts and &quot;Scrubs&quot; se=
nsation Judy Reyes, and which premieres exclusively on the network Saturday=
, March 25 (9/8 c), is such a program.
t; side of the tracks in the lives of two women. Being from the &quot;wrong=
&quot; side of the tracks =96 a parlance normally associated with a lack of=
 riches -- certainly applies to Billy (Reyes), the homeless heroine of this=
 story. But for Ruth Galloway (Roberts), desperately lonely since her husba=
nd's death, a Beverly Hills mansion can also be an empty tomb.
 that Ruth and Billy finally meet. Billy saves Ruth from committing suicide=
 after Ruth collapses from a pill overdose in the alley behind her palatial=
 home. As a street person, Billy's natural instinct is to distrust police a=
nd they do not disappoint her when she is arrested for what law enforcement=
 believes is an assault on Ruth.
ttitudes toward homeless people have consisted of looking at the world in a=
 picture full of small distracting images -- with down-on-their-luck street=
 people as America's &quot;Where's Waldo?&quot; Right in front of us if we =
choose to see and non-existent if we choose to be oblivious.
people have merely fallen on hard times or endured crippling personal trage=
dies. With this new insight, Ruth's life is uplifted and renewed when she o=
pens her Beverly Hills mansion to Billy and others who need a &quot;hand up=
&quot; to get their lives back on track. Billy, in turn, gets a fresh start=
 and pays it forward to others who are in need.
nt to utilize the press and promotion of &quot;Our House&quot; to help crea=
te awareness and understanding of the needs of America's homeless.<br>

. According to Bob Erlenbusch, head of the National and Los Angeles Coaliti=
on(s) to end Hunger and Homelessness, if all of the homeless in Los Angeles=
' 88 cities were brought together in one area, that location would become A=
merica's 17th largest city!
quot; we hope to highlight BRING AMERICA HOME, the legislation recently int=
roduced in the 108th Congress by Representative Julia Carson. The BRING AME=
RICA HOME act is also endorsed by the=20
U.S. Conference of Mayors.<br><br>Hallmark Channel embraces America's famil=
ies. As you watch &quot;Our House,&quot; please help us keep America's home=
less =96 many of whom are only children -- in our thoughts and prayers. Tog=
ether we can do so much!
feldman@hallmarkchannel.com" target=3D"_blank" onclick=3D"return top.js.Ope=
nExtLink(window,event,this)">stevenfeldman@hallmarkchannel.com</a>

End of forward-------<br><br>fyi: blog posts of mine - to date (my review o=
f 'Our House' to come):<br><h2><font size=3D"1"><strong>Sunday, March 12, 2=
006
</strong></font>
 =20

        =20
    </h2><h3><font size=3D"1">Norsehorse's Home Turf</font></h3><h3><font s=
ize=3D"2">
Original Hallmark Channel Movie - 'Our House': Showings at Another Way
Drop-In Center; Friday, March 17th at 2:00 PM &amp; 6:00 PM</font> </h3><a =
href=3D"http://norsehorses-turf.blogspot.com/2006/03/original-hallmark-chan=
nel-movie-our.html" target=3D"_blank" onclick=3D"return top.js.OpenExtLink(=
window,event,this)">

http://norsehorses-turf.blogspot.com/2006/03/original-hallmark-channel-movi=
e-our.html
    =20
 =20
  <a name=3D"109f5c8c5d024338_114197232655406143"></a>

        =20
    <h3>
=09=20
: March 25th &amp; March 30th</font>
=09=20
    </h3><a href=3D"http://norsehorses-turf.blogspot.com/2006/03/our-house-=
hallmark-original-tv-movie.html" target=3D"_blank" onclick=3D"return top.js=
.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://norsehorses-turf.blogspot.com/2006/=
03/our-house-hallmark-original-tv-movie.html
=3D"_blank" onclick=3D"return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">
ss=3D"sg">Morgan W. Brown<br>
Montpelier, Vermont, USA<br>Norsehorse's Home Turf:<br><a href=3D"http://no=
rsehorses-turf.blogspot.com" target=3D"_blank" onclick=3D"return top.js.Ope=
nExtLink(window,event,this)">
http://norsehorses-turf.blogspot.com</a><br>

------=_Part_1866_32932655.1142290074949--