[Hpn] Norsehorse's Home Turf on: 'Our House' - A Hallmark Original TV Movie: March 25th & March 30th

Morgan W. Brown morganbrown@gmail.com
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 02:54:10 -0500

------=_Part_19683_29087167.1141977250357

Just in case it may be of interest:

~~~fyi:

Friday, March 10, 2006
Norsehorse's Home Turf
'Our House' - A Hallmark Original TV Movie: March 25th & March 30th:
http://norsehorses-turf.blogspot.com/2006/03/our-house-hallmark-original-tv=
-movie.html

Morgan morganbrown@gmail.com
Morgan W. Brown
Montpelier, Vermont, USA
Norsehorse's Home Turf:
http://norsehorses-turf.blogspot.com

-------Forwarded fyi-------

*Our House* - A Hallmark Original TV Movie: March 25th & March 30th
Kevin Barbieux (The Homeless Guy <http://thehomelessguy.blogspot.com/>)
blogged a blog post last Friday
(here<http://thehomelessguy.blogspot.com/2006/03/hallmark-channel.html>;
March 03, 2006) describing how he was contacted by the people at the
Hallmark Channel to help them promote one of their original movies, "Our
House<http://hallmarkchannel.com/us_framework.jsp?BODY=3Dprogram.jsp&CONTEN=
T=3DDAM_FAM_990766>,"
to air March 25th.

During a brief chat between the two of us this evening, he asked me if I ha=
read his initial post on the subject, of which my response was in the
affirmative.

Kevin mentioned he received a press kit from the Hallmark studio, including
a dvd of the movie, which he watched and was working on his review of it to
post on his blog. Prior to signing off he indicated that he would ask the
studio to send me a copy as well.

Much to my amazement, within less than an hour later, a network program
publicity person for the Hallmark
Channel<http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/us_framework.jsp?CNTRY=3DUS>sent
me an e-mail following up on Kevin's suggestion to them to send me a
copy of the movie for my review and asking for a mailing address. In the
meantime, included in the e-mail were a couple of attached promotional
background materials as well.

Within the text of the e-mail itself, the person explained [edit mine]:

[...] Since it is so much more than our typical film, we are t[r]ying hard
to use it as a platform to raise awareness of the homeless issue=97both in =
Los
Angeles and America.

[...]

As far as I am concerned anyway and, yes, this is of course the activist
within me ranting ever so mildly [smile]: This remains to be seen and, if
they are truly serious about raising awareness as is said they are, then it
definitely will take much more than simply providing mention of certain
organizations supposedly working to end homelessness within their
promotional campaign(s) or linking to their Website(s) to do so.

Otherwise it is nothing more than lip service and, a cheap as well as
cynical promotional gimmick at that, pure and simple: i.e., it is more than
likely to be nothing more but pure spin for someone to suggest using any
given product and the promotion of it as a platform to raise awareness of
the homeless issue. Either that or it is just plain naive.

The fact is, talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words.

While it is not anything new for commercial interests to reach out to peopl=
within the blogging community in an attempt to help promote their products
and (as the above helps to illustrate), my initial gut reaction was one of
deep as well as critical skepticism about the use of such ploys; all the
same I have a certain appreciation for Hallmark taking the step, despite th=
risks that could potentially go along with so doing, to reach out to some o=
those of us within the blogging community whom have actually experienced
living homeless ourselves.

For those who may take this as being harsh, when was the last time you
walked and thus lived in the shoes of someone living homeless?

Speaking of which, one thing I have inquired about within one of my replies
to the Hallmark publicity, just in case it is not included either within th=
press kit or on one of the tracks of the dvd, is whether people who either
are living homeless or formerly had lived homeless consulting during any or
all phases of making the film.

If so, it would be helpful as well as interesting to have details, the more
the better. If not, it would be useful to learn that as well.

If the movie and the promotional campaign used to hype it help raise
awareness that helps bring about meaningful as well as lasting change and
makes a real difference in the lives of people living homeless, fine and I
welcome it.

Yet it will take more than a promotional campaign and a movie it is hyping
to do this, so I only hope the Hallmark Channel means business and is not
only in it for the long haul, but is not just solely doing this for hiking
ratings and raking in advertising revenue as a result.

It seems we will see one way or another I suppose.

These thoughts and concerns of mine spilled, my mind will both stay and
remain open in order to provide as balanced a review as is possible for me
to render and eventually blog up, once I have had time to pour over the
materials and view the movie several times after they arrive in the mail.
This review process of mine and the blogging of the post will most likely
take several days.

Just in case anyone may wonder, all I am being offered and then receiving
from Hallmark is a press kit that includes a copy of the movie to review,
nothing more.

By the way, Kevin blogged up his review of the Hallmark Channel movie Our
House, as well as some of his thoughts and insights on the subject matter
the film attempts to cover,
here<http://thehomelessguy.blogspot.com/2006/03/our-house-hallmark-original=
-tv-movie.html>.

*posted by Morgan W. Brown at 3/10/2006 02:33:00
AM<http://norsehorses-turf.blogspot.com/2006/03/our-house-hallmark-original=
-tv-movie.html>
*

-------End of forward-------

Morgan morganbrown@gmail.com
Morgan W. Brown
Montpelier, Vermont, USA
Norsehorse's Home Turf:
http://norsehorses-turf.blogspot.com

------=_Part_19683_29087167.1141977250357

 2006<br>Norsehorse's Home Turf<br>'Our House' - A Hallmark Original TV Mov=
ie: March 25th &amp; March 30th:<br><a href=3D"http://norsehorses-turf.blog=
spot.com/2006/03/our-house-hallmark-original-tv-movie.html">
http://norsehorses-turf.blogspot.com/2006/03/our-house-hallmark-original-tv=

Norsehorse's Home Turf:<br><a href=3D"http://norsehorses-turf.blogspot.com"=
<h3 class=3D"post-title">
=09=20
; March 30th
=09=20
    </h3>
   =20

=09         <div class=3D"post-body">
=09<div>
=3D"font-weight: bold;"><a href=3D"http://thehomelessguy.blogspot.com/" tar=
get=3D"_blank">The Homeless Guy</a></span>) blogged a blog post last Friday=
 (<span style=3D"font-weight: bold;">
" target=3D"_blank">here</a></span>; March 03, 2006) describing how he was =
contacted by the <span style=3D"font-style: italic;">people at the Hallmark=
 Channel to help them promote one of their original movies, &quot;
_framework.jsp?BODY=3Dprogram.jsp&amp;CONTENT=3DDAM_FAM_990766" target=3D"_=
a brief chat between the two of us this evening, he asked me if I had
read his initial post on the subject, of which my response was in the
affirmative.<br><br>Kevin mentioned he received a press kit from the
Hallmark studio, including a dvd of the movie, which he watched and was
working on his review of it to post on his blog. Prior to signing off
he indicated that he would ask the studio to send me a copy as well.<br><br=
>Much to my amazement, within less than an hour later, a network program pu=
blicity person for the <span style=3D"font-weight: bold;"><a href=3D"http:/=
/www.hallmarkchannel.com/us_framework.jsp?CNTRY=3DUS" target=3D"_blank">
Hallmark Channel</a></span>
sent me an e-mail following up on Kevin's suggestion to them to send me
a copy of the movie for my review and asking for a mailing address. In
the meantime, included in the e-mail were a couple of attached
promotional background materials as well.<br><br>Within the text of the e-m=
ail itself, the person explained [<span style=3D"font-weight: bold;">edit</=
ical film, we are t[
rm to raise awareness of the homeless issue=97both in Los Angeles and Ameri=
this is of course the activist within me=20
This remains to be seen and, if they are truly serious about <span style=3D=
"font-style: italic;">raising awareness</span>
as is said they are, then it definitely will take much more than simply
providing mention of certain organizations supposedly working to end
homelessness within their promotional campaign(s) or linking to their
Website(s) to do so.<br><br>Otherwise it is nothing more than lip
service and, a cheap as well as cynical promotional gimmick at that,
pure and simple: i.e., it is more than likely to be nothing more but
pure spin for someone to suggest using any given product and the
promotion of it <span style=3D"font-style: italic;">as a platform to raise =
awareness of the homeless issue</span>. Either that or it is just plain nai=
Actions speak louder than words
it is not anything new for commercial interests to reach out to people
within the blogging community in an attempt to help promote their
products and (as the above helps to illustrate), my initial gut
reaction was one of deep as well as critical skepticism about the use
of such ploys; all the same I have a certain appreciation for Hallmark
taking the step, despite the risks that could potentially go along with
so doing, to reach out to some of those of us within the blogging
community whom have actually experienced living homeless ourselves.<br><br>=
For
those who may take this as being harsh, when was the last time you
walked and thus lived in the shoes of someone living homeless?<br><br>Speak=
ing
of which, one thing I have inquired about within one of my replies to
the Hallmark publicity, just in case it is not included either within
the press kit or on one of the tracks of the dvd, is whether people who
either are living homeless or formerly had lived homeless consulting
during any or all phases of making the film.<br><br>If so, it would be
helpful as well as interesting to have details, the more the better. If
not, it would be useful to learn that as well.<br><br>If the movie and
the promotional campaign used to hype it help raise awareness that
helps bring about meaningful as well as lasting change and makes a real
difference in the lives of people living homeless, fine and I welcome
it.<br><br>Yet it will take more than a promotional campaign and a
movie it is hyping to do this, so I only hope the Hallmark Channel
means business and is not only in it for the long haul, but is not just
solely doing this for hiking ratings and raking in advertising revenue
br>These
thoughts and concerns of mine spilled, my mind will both stay and
remain open in order to provide as balanced a review as is possible for
me to render and eventually blog up, once I have had time to pour over
the materials and view the movie several times after they arrive in the
mail. This review process of mine and the blogging of the post will
most likely take several days.<br><br>Just in case anyone may wonder,
all I am being offered and then receiving from Hallmark is a press kit
that includes a copy of the movie to review, nothing more.<br><br>By the wa=
y, Kevin blogged up his review of the Hallmark Channel movie <span style=3D=
"font-weight: bold;"><span style=3D"font-style: italic;">Our House</span></=
span>
, as well as some of his thoughts and insights on the subject matter the fi=
lm attempts to cover, <span style=3D"font-weight: bold;"><a href=3D"http://=
thehomelessguy.blogspot.com/2006/03/our-house-hallmark-original-tv-movie.ht=
ml" target=3D"_blank">
here</a></span>.

   =20
   =20
      <em>posted by Morgan W. Brown at <a href=3D"http://norsehorses-turf.b=
logspot.com/2006/03/our-house-hallmark-original-tv-movie.html" title=3D"per=
, Vermont, USA<br>Norsehorse's Home Turf:<br><a href=3D"http://norsehorses-=
turf.blogspot.com">

------=_Part_19683_29087167.1141977250357--