[Hpn] Vacation is over -- an open letter from Michael Moore to George Bush:

Sun, 18 Sep 2005 22:16:46 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0210_01C5BC9E.A8397680

Dear Mr. Bush:
=20
Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina =
and
=20
thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where =
on
=20
earth could you have misplaced all of our military choppers? Do you need =
help
=20
finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a =

drag.
=20

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could =
really
=20
use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do -- like =
helping
=20
with national disasters. How come they weren't there to begin with?
=20
Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of
=20
Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but =
it
=20
was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there arre still
=20
homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was on =
its
=20
way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you
=20
didn't want to interrupt your vacation and I know how you don't like to =
get
=20
BAD news. Plus, I forgot, you had fundraisers to go to and mothers of =
dead=20

soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed that Cindy, didn't you!
=20

I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to
=20
Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps. =
Don't
=20
let people criticize you for this -- after all, the hurricane was over =
and
=20
what the heck could you do -- put your finger in the dike?
=20

And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you
=20
specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans
=20
this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if =
you
=20
hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any =
Army
=20
engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important
=20
construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!
=20

On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was
=20
moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as =
you
=20
flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the disaster. =
Hey,
=20
I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble =
and
=20
act like a commander in chief. Been there. Done that. Right?
=20

There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to =
use
=20
it against you. Just have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to
=20
nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this would happen =
because
=20
the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting warmer and warmer -- it was =
only=20

90 degrees -- making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all =
their=20

global warming 'Chicken
=20
Littles.' There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it
=20
would be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York to
=20
Cleveland.
=20

No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 =
percent
=20
of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no
=20
transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's =
not
=20
like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white =
people on
=20
their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- =
NOTHING
=20
-- to do with this!
=20

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army =
helicopters
=20
and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf =
Coast
=20
are near Tikrit.
=20

Yours,
=20
Michael Moore
=20
MMFlint@aol.com
=20
www.MichaelMoore.com
=20

P.S. That annoying mother, Ms. Sheehan, is no longer at your ranch. She
=20
and dozens of other relatives of the Iraqi War dead are now driving =
across
=20
the country, stopping in many cities along the way. Maybe you can catch =
up
=20
with them at=20

http://www.bringthemhomenowtour.org/userdata_display.php?modin=3D50
=20
-- before they get to DC on September 21st. Good Luck!

------=_NextPart_000_0210_01C5BC9E.A8397680

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><BR>Dear Mr. =
Bush:<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Any idea=20
where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina=20
and<BR>&nbsp;<BR>thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be =

airlifted. Where on<BR>&nbsp;<BR>earth could you have misplaced all of =
our=20
military choppers? Do you need help<BR>&nbsp;<BR>finding them? I once =
lost my=20
car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that=20
a&nbsp;<BR><BR>drag.<BR>&nbsp;<BR><BR>Also, any idea where all our =
national=20
guard soldiers are? We could really<BR>&nbsp;<BR>use them right now for =
the type=20
of thing they signed up to do -- like helping<BR>&nbsp;<BR>with national =

disasters. How come they weren't there to begin with?<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Last =
Thursday=20
I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye =
of<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Hurricane=20
Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but=20
it<BR>&nbsp;<BR>was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, =
there=20
arre still<BR>&nbsp;<BR>homes without power. That night the weatherman =
said this=20
storm was on its<BR>&nbsp;<BR>way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did =
anybody=20
tell you? I know you<BR>&nbsp;<BR>didn't want to interrupt your vacation =
and I=20
know how you don't like to get<BR>&nbsp;<BR>BAD news. Plus, I forgot, =
you had=20
fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead&nbsp;<BR><BR>soldiers to ignore =
and=20
smear. You sure showed that Cindy, didn't you!<BR>&nbsp;<BR><BR><BR>I =
especially=20
like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying=20
to<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your =
business=20
peeps. Don't<BR>&nbsp;<BR>let people criticize you for this -- after =
all, the=20
hurricane was over and<BR>&nbsp;<BR>what the heck could you do -- put =
your=20
finger in the dike?<BR>&nbsp;<BR><BR>And don't listen to those who, in =
the=20
coming days, will reveal how you<BR>&nbsp;<BR>specifically reduced the =
Army=20
Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans<BR>&nbsp;<BR>this summer for =
the=20
third year in a row. You just tell them that even if =
you<BR>&nbsp;<BR>hadn't cut=20
the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any=20
Army<BR>&nbsp;<BR>engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much =
more=20
important<BR>&nbsp;<BR>construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY =
IN=20
IRAQ!<BR>&nbsp;<BR><BR><BR>On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation =
home, I=20
have to say I was<BR>&nbsp;<BR>moved by how you had your Air Force One =
pilot=20
descend from the clouds as you<BR>&nbsp;<BR>flew over New Orleans so you =
could=20
catch a quick look of the disaster. Hey,<BR>&nbsp;<BR>I know you =
couldn't stop=20
and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble and<BR>&nbsp;<BR>act like a =

commander in chief. Been there. Done that. =
Right?<BR>&nbsp;<BR><BR><BR>There=20
will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to=20
use<BR>&nbsp;<BR>it against you. Just have your people keep pointing =
that out.=20
Respond to<BR>&nbsp;<BR>nothing. Even those pesky scientists who =
predicted this=20
would happen because<BR>&nbsp;<BR>the water in the Gulf of Mexico is =
getting=20
warmer and warmer -- it was only&nbsp;<BR><BR>90 degrees -- making a =
storm like=20
this inevitable. Ignore them and all their&nbsp;<BR><BR>global warming=20
'Chicken<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Littles.' There is nothing unusual about a =
hurricane that=20
was so wide it<BR>&nbsp;<BR>would be like having one F-4 tornado that =
stretched=20
from New York to<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Cleveland.<BR>&nbsp;<BR><BR>No, Mr. Bush, =
you just=20
stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent<BR>&nbsp;<BR>of New =
Orleans=20
lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had =
no<BR>&nbsp;<BR>transportation to=20
get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's =
not<BR>&nbsp;<BR>like this=20
happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people=20
on<BR>&nbsp;<BR>their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has =
nothing=20
-- NOTHING<BR>&nbsp;<BR>-- to do with this!<BR>&nbsp;<BR><BR><BR>You =
hang in=20
there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army =
helicopters<BR>&nbsp;<BR>and=20
send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf=20
Coast<BR>&nbsp;<BR>are near=20
Tikrit.<BR>&nbsp;<BR><BR><BR>Yours,<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Michael=20
Moore<BR>&nbsp;<BR>MMFlint@aol.com<BR>&nbsp;<BR>www.MichaelMoore.com<BR>&=
nbsp;<BR><BR><BR>P.S.=20
That annoying mother, Ms. Sheehan, is no longer at your ranch.=20
She<BR>&nbsp;<BR>and dozens of other relatives of the Iraqi War dead are =
now=20
driving across<BR>&nbsp;<BR>the country, stopping in many cities along =
the way.=20
Maybe you can catch up<BR>&nbsp;<BR>with them=20
at&nbsp;<BR><BR>http://www.bringthemhomenowtour.org/userdata_display.php?=
modin=3D50<BR>&nbsp;<BR>--=20
before they get to DC on September 21st. Good=20
Luck!<BR>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0210_01C5BC9E.A8397680--