[Hpn] Technology in time of need

Sandra Andrews sandra@asu.edu
Sat, 03 Sep 2005 14:15:17 -0700

Houston's Technology for All group, along with a LOT of volunteers, have set up a 40-computer CTC in the astrodome so people there can search for loved ones, let people know that they are OK, etc. You can read about it at http://www.techforall.org.

It would be great to have some of the evacuees post to HPN, in part because one of the original purposes of HPN was to allow those personally affected by homelessness etc. to come up with SOLUTIONS for policy makers to consider. I imagine that those affected by Katrina have some ideas and that we will all be thinking about solutions for some time.

In New Orleans itself, one group of people have stayed online all through the tragedy with their server, and you can read the livejournal blog here: http://www.livejournal.com/users/interdictor/

Sandy