[Hpn] Letter To Refresh Our Consciences

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:22:27 -0400

A few years ago 2002 we did a NH Homeless Tour see photos
www.pagerealm.com/wtinker/index.html we issued a public
 challenge and requested any 424 legislators to give up their bed,air
 conditioning and go our with me or others around the state and meet
homeless
 in their encampments.

 Out of this challenge only one legislator Rep. Kim Dionne went out with me
 and met the homeless and interviewed them with out a filming crew or police
 following us around.

 Since that time  there has been study committees suggested  composed of
 homeless and legislators and existing camp grounds to be  kept open year
 round for poor and homeless assistance since this Republicrat government
has
 seen it to fit to ignore the housing problems we have yelled about for 10
 years or better....

 We now are violating state and federal constitutional rights under Olmstead
 of elderly by incarcerating them in nursing homes rather than their own
 homes,we violate disabled rights to accessibility under ADA and no one in
 the Attorney Generals office even blinks.

 And we are still short 20,000 - 25,000 units of all types of housing in NH
 and still law makers refuse to put rental cap legislation in the  books
 because it might harm their careers. Also is there has not been one decent
 law passed concerning hate crimes, against homeless perpetuated by over
 ambitious police, or towns,as   NIMBYISTIC laws are passed locally and SNOB
 zoning that criminalize persons that are homeless.

 We best start aiding our citizens and watching out for each other because
if
 we as a state or nation can not take care of our most vulnerable citizens
in
 our own country we best stay out of the affairs of other countries before
we
 find ourselves paying for every bomb dropped on the 27 other countries by
US
 since 1945.

 So again my challenge goes out to any NH legislator to pass a adverse
 possession,or  "squatters law" which would  not punish some one for
 attempting to survive by taking over abandoned housing, or at least a year
 round camping  law that will help the thousands homeless in our state,
until
 the  affordable housing is built and place rental caps on landlords as rent
 prices are out of control in NH and this country.

 William Charles Tinker / Founder

 New Hampshire Homeless
25 Granite Street
Northfield,N.H. 03276