[Hpn] Support Housing Project in Etobicoke

William CharlesTinker wtinker@metrocast.net
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:31:27 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C4F8A2.A301A180

  Hi there everyone,

  YWCA Toronto is in the process of developing a 68 unit, four-storey =
building with an attached daycare for 62 children in North Etobicoke. =
The building will provide rent-geared-to-income housing for women led =
households with a priority to women fleeing violence.

  On January 18th we are on the agenda at the Etobicoke York Community =
Council meeting seeking an amendment to the official plan.  The city =
planner has approved our plan, but as usual there is community =
opposition. Rob Ford, the councillor in Ward 2 (the ward where the =
building will be located) is particularly and vocally opposed to our =
project.

  We are seeking those who may be able to come out to the meeting, or =
can outreach  to friends and allies in that community. Particularly if =
you have
  a connection to a councilor in Etobicoke York or if you know people =
who live in that area who might be willing to make a deputation on our =
behalf.

  Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

  Joan

  Joan White
  Director of Housing and Shelter
  YWCA Toronto - A Turning Point For Women
  80 Woodlawn Ave E. Toronto M4T 1C1
  416-961-8100 ext.316
  jwhite@ywcatoronto.org
  www.ywcatoronto.org

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C4F8A2.A301A180

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D3>Hi there=20
  everyone,<BR><BR>YWCA Toronto is in the process of developing a 68 =
unit,=20
  four-storey building with an attached daycare for 62 children in North =

  Etobicoke. The building will provide rent-geared-to-income housing for =
women=20
  led households with a priority to women fleeing violence.<BR><BR>On =
January=20
  18th we are on the agenda at the Etobicoke York Community Council =
meeting=20
  seeking an amendment to the official plan.&nbsp; The city planner has =
approved=20
  our plan, but as usual there is community opposition. Rob Ford, the =
councillor=20
  in Ward 2 (the ward where the building will be located) is =
particularly and=20
  vocally opposed to our project.<BR><BR>We are seeking those who may be =
able to=20
  come out to the meeting, or can outreach&nbsp; to friends and allies =
in that=20
  community. Particularly if you have<BR>a connection to a councilor in=20
  Etobicoke York or if you know people who live in that area who might =
be=20
  willing to make a deputation on our behalf.<BR><BR>Thanks and I look =
forward=20
  to hearing from you.<BR><BR>Joan<BR><BR>Joan White<BR>Director of =
Housing and=20
  Shelter<BR>YWCA Toronto - A Turning Point For Women<BR>80 Woodlawn Ave =
E.=20
  Toronto M4T 1C1<BR>416-961-8100 ext.316<BR></FONT><A=20
  href=3D"mailto:jwhite@ywcatoronto.org"><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"=20
  size=3D3>jwhite@ywcatoronto.org</FONT></A><BR><A=20
  href=3D"http://www.ywcatoronto.org"><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"=20
  =