[Hpn] VOLUNTEER CHILD CARE PROVIDERS NEEDED FOR OCAP MEETINGS

William CharlesTinker wtinker@metrocast.net
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 05:48:43 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "OCAP" <ocap@tao.ca>
Monday, January 10, 2005

 *please forward*

 VOLUNTEER CHILD CARE PROVIDERS NEEDED FOR OCAP MEETINGS

 The Ontario Coalition Against Poverty (OCAP) is building a movement within
communities in this city to fight back against the poverty that is being
inflicted on them.  It goes without saying that, if you are serious about
mobilizing poor people to resist, you must do all you can to remove
barriers to active participation.  In this regard, child care is one of
the issues at the top of the list.

At the moment, child care provision at our Membership and Executive
Committee meetings is not arranged and children have to attend them.  This
means that parents are being prevented from properly participating,
meetings are sometimes affected badly and children are being subjected to
stresses and pressure they should not be.

 We urgently need a few people who would be able to provide child care and
who are ready to volunteer this as a contribution to OCAP's fightback.
Our meetings take place every Monday (Tuesdays in the event of a public
holiday) and go between 6.00 and 8.00 PM, mostly in downtown Toronto.
 Please let us know if you feel you could help us create meetings parents
welcome and children look forward to.

                **
Ontario Coalition Against Poverty
10 Britain St. Toronto, ON  M5A 1R6