[Hpn] National Day of Action--Tues., Sept. 6

Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:07:10 -0400

From: "Michael Stoops" mstoops@nationalhomeless.org

Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2005
Subject: National Day of Action--Tues., Sept. 6

 Living Wage Warriors Unite!

 The Universal Living Wage Campaign, the National Coalition for the
Homeless,
and the NAACP welcome you one and all.  We invite you all to stand in
solidarity with the Universal Living Wage Campaign!  We have called for a
National Day of action on September 6th- Labor Day Plus 1.  On that Tuesday,
we will get on the bridges of America in eighty separate actions in all 50
states and the District of Columbia.  We will call for a Universal Living
Wage... The campaign is based on the moral premise that any person working
40 hours in a week must be able to afford basic rental housing wherever that
work is done throughout the United States.

We have devised only one formula and only one method on how that might be
achieved.  But there must be others.  We know that we have many varied
perspectives among us.  Besides, nothing that goes into Congress ever comes
out the same way.  The point is to get the issue before Congress.  Together,
with one united voice, we can call for those hearings and get the ball
rolling.

We invite you, one and all, to join us in our clarion call for a Universal
Living Wage!  Please go to www.UniversalLivingWage.org, locate the nearest
bridge action to you, e-mail your organization's contact information and
your web address to rrtroxell@aol.com, so we can put it up on our website.
Then tell your friends to join you on that bridge and bring your banner.
Here is an opportunity to get the word out nationwide about your
organization's perspective and our nation's need for a Universal Living
Wage!

 In Unity There is Strength

 Richard R. Troxell
National Chairman