[Hpn] STALKER IS ALLEGEDLY A HOMELESS MAN

Sat, 27 Aug 2005 01:38:32 -0400

BETSY'S 'STALKER' HOMELESS

By STEPHANIE GASKELL

August 26, 2005 -- Menaced by "a nut."

Public Advocate Betsy Gotbaum's "stalker" is a homeless man who shows up at
her press conferences and yells at her, sources told The Post yesterday.

The sources said the vagrant has shown up at Gotbaum's office and at her
press conferences and yelled things like, "I know your husband is in the
CIA" and, "I know you're having an extramarital affair."

"He's a nut," said one source. "He's really menacing."

Gotbaum, who is running for re-election, revealed that she has a talker
during a live debate on NY1 Tuesday night, after her opponents had
criticized her for not releasing her schedule.

The NYPD said it won't discuss the case.

The vagrant has not been arrested and sources have said he is not believed
to represent a threat to Gotbaum's life.

Gotbaum has a security detail and has not increased its size since the
incidents began, apparently some years ago.

William Charles Tinker

New Hampshire Homeless  / Founded 11-28-99
25 Granite Street
Northfield,N.H. 03276-1640  USA
Advocates,activists for disabled,displaced human rights.
1-603-286-2492
http://www.missingkids.com
http://www.nationalhomeless.org
http://www.newhampshirehomeless.org