[Hpn] fyi: HUD Releases Guide to Counting Unsheltered Homeless People: via the Alliance Online News

Morgan W. Brown Morgan W. Brown" <morganbrown@gmail.com
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 07:43:03 -0800

~~~fyi:

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: naeh@newsletter.naeh.org <naeh@newsletter.naeh.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:16:08 -0500
Subject: Alliance Online News
To: morganbrown@gmail.com

National Alliance to End Homelessness
Online Newsletter
November 15, 2004

-----

For a print-ready version, go to
http://www.endhomelessness.org/pub/onlinenews/2004/news11-15-04.pdf

-----

Contents:

What to Expect From a Second Term

Congress Enters Lame Duck Session

HUD Releases Guide to Counting Unsheltered Homeless People

New Report on Criminalization of Homelessness Released

Fannie Mae Foundation Holds Conference on State Housing Policies

Call for Presenters

Financial Guide for Small Nonprofits Available

Upcoming Events

-----

--snip, snip, snip--

-----

HUD Releases Guide to Counting Unsheltered Homeless People

The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has announced
the availability of a new guide to assist communities in collecting
data on the number and characteristics of people who are homeless but
living outside the housing continuum.  The guide lays out the steps
involved in three possible approaches and provides examples of their
use by different communities.  It includes relevant HUD definitions
and standards, sample surveys and forms and other reference
information.   HUD has indicated that information on unsheltered
homeless people will be requested in both future Continuum of Care
applications and the homeless needs section of the Consolidated Plan.
The guide can be accessed at
http://www.hud.gov/offices/cpd/homeless/library/countinghomeless/countingguide.pdf

-----

--snip, snip, snip--

-----

Financial Guide for Small Nonprofits Available

The Housing Assistance Council has developed a basic guide to managing
the accounting and financial aspects of small nonprofit organizations.
 Designed to improve the effectiveness of rural housing nonprofits,
the guide includes suggestions on budgeting, basic accounting systems,
and the need for auditing.  It also covers the penalties imposed on
nonprofits that do not manage their money responsibly.

The guide, "Accounting & Financial Operations for Nonprofits in Rural
Housing," is available at http://www.ruralhome.org or for $5
(including shipping and handling), by contacting Luz Rosas at
202-842-8600 or luz@ruralhome.org.

-----

--snip, snip, snip--

-----

Please feel free to forward this email to your colleagues and
encourage them to join as Alliance Partners.

To sign up to receive the Alliance Online News, please go to
http://naeh.forumone.com/subscribe/

If you would like to be removed from our email list, please contact
naeh@naeh.org.

The National Alliance to End Homelessness is a nonpartisan, nonprofit
organization whose mission is to mobilize the nonprofit, public and
private sectors of society in an alliance to end homelessness.
Guiding our work is the Ten Year Plan to End Homelessness.  The Ten
Year Plan identifies our nation's current weaknesses in addressing the
problem and lays out practical steps that our nation can take to
change our present course and truly end homelessness within ten years.

No American should have to be homeless.

National Alliance to End Homelessness
1518 K Street NW, Suite 206
Washington, DC 20005