[Hpn] Facilitate Process

Mon, 8 Nov 2004 06:48:04 -0500

www.sunsentinel.com/

Facilitate process

Louise Mink
delray beach
 November 8, 2004

On Oct. 26, a friend and I went to vote early at the elections office on
Congress Avenue in Delray Beach. During the 21/2 hours of moving in a line
(which started on the second floor), I was hocked to discover several
handicapped persons (on canes or in wheelchairs) had to move to the end of
the line.

It was also distressing to hear a number of voters complaining that they had
requested an "absentee ballot" mailing but it was not received.

We, as Americans, take tremendous pride in our country and our freedom to
vote. Why should it be so difficult?

  Copyright 2004, Sun-Sentinel Co. & South Florida Interactive, Inc.