[Hpn] New benches have steel dividers to make it harder for homeless to sleep

Graeme Bacque gbacque@colosseum.com
Thu, 04 Nov 2004 21:18:10 -0500

These things have been used on park benches in Toronto for years.
Typically they consist of an extra pair of metal 'armrests' that
partition the bench into three sections, making it impossible to lie
down on.

Calling this approach  'mean-spirited' is somewhat of an understatement.
If you ask me, this interference with someone's natural vital functions
(i.e. eating, sleeping or eliminating wastes) is a willful act of torture.

Graeme