[Hpn] June 3rd: Celebrate 23rd Anniversary of Peace Park Antinuclear Vigil outside the White House

et@nucnews.net et@nucnews.net
Mon, 24 May 2004 12:53:27 -0400

You're invited!

Thursday, June 3rd, will be the 23rd anniversary of the
founding of the Peace Park Antinuclear Vigil, which has
stood outside the White House 24 hours a day since June 3,
1981.  See http://prop1.org/parkcurr.htm

Please come Thursday at 7 pm to Lafayette Park.  Bring
drums, banners, signs, fliers about your own peace work, and
friends.  At 7:30, walk or ride ten blocks from Peace Park
to the Peace House (1233 12th Street NW) for potluck dinner.
  A vehicle will be available to transport people and food
(call 202-682-4282 for more information or to volunteer).

We really hope you will join us this year.  We'll use this
celebration as a time to strategize and network, as well as
to remind folks that the vigil still continues, quietly, 24
hours a day, and legislation still exists calling for the
global abolition of nuclear weapons and conversion of the
war machines to provide for human needs.  See
http://prop1.org/prop1/

Sunday, MAY 30, 2004 - FREE the PEACE - Concert and speakout
for Peace in Malcolm X (Meridian Hill) Park, noon to dark -
endorsed by Black Voices for Peace, Community Coalition for
Justice & Peace, DAWN, Malcolm X Drummers and Dancers, Poets
Against the War, Proposition One Committee, and the
Washington Peace Center (as of this posting).

Spread the word!

Ellen Thomas