[Hpn] Tokyo Godfathers

joe reynolds jos_reyn@yahoo.com
Mon, 3 May 2004 14:23:22 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1728454197-1083619402=:15167

  Well made it past another anniversary. Mayday again and full moon or so it looked. Just like when I was first out on streets on my own. This time sleeping again in empty suite at the mall instead of back set of non running plymouh Colt. Picked up TOKYO GODFATHERS a Japanese anime about 3 homeless in Tokyo who find an abandoned baby at Christmas time. Hmm, Shintos celebrating the Christ child's birth not a new thing to me but still confuses the hell out of me. Of course it is a great Christmas movie and all problems get some solution even right to the final seconds of the movie. Won't say more as it would be giving too much away. This one fit in well with A WONDERFUL LIFE  or any of the Dicken's A CHRISTMAS CAROL. (My personal favorite is the one with Alistair Syms.) and Well the "Christmas Angel" making "her" appearance is well one of the funniest thing I have seen in a long, long time.
  Makes you want to believe in miracles, especially babies.
  In Japanese with English subtitles and I must have looked funny what with wearing reading glasses for the 3 inch screen. Thought the subtitles had failed or I had turned them off by accident but only was a character speaking Spanish which isn't translated in one section. The inteconnectednes reminded me of La Ronde by Flaubert ( I think that was him, been very long since I read that.)
   Well this one was without the craziness I had come to associate with the latter half of April and May. Five years, my how time flies.
    Zen hugs, Joe

--0-1728454197-1083619402=:15167

<TABLE border=0 cellPadding=0 cellSpacing=0 height="100%" id=HB_Mail_Container width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on">
<TBODY>
<TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%">
<TD background="" height=250 id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="off">
<DIV>&nbsp; Well made it past another anniversary. Mayday again and full moon or so it looked. Just like when I was first out on streets on my own. This time sleeping again in empty suite at the mall instead of back set of non running plymouh Colt. Picked up TOKYO GODFATHERS a Japanese anime about 3 homeless in Tokyo who find an abandoned baby at Christmas time. Hmm, Shintos celebrating the Christ child's birth not a new thing to me but still confuses the hell out of me. Of course it is a great Christmas movie and all problems get some solution even right to the final seconds of the movie. Won't say more as it would be giving too much away. This one fit in well with A WONDERFUL LIFE&nbsp; or any of the Dicken's A CHRISTMAS CAROL. (My personal favorite is the one with Alistair Syms.) and Well the "Christmas Angel" making "her" appearance is well one of the funniest thing I have seen in a long, long time.<BR>&nbsp; Makes you want to believe in miracles, especially babies.<BR>&nbsp; In
 Japanese with English subtitles and I must have looked funny what with wearing reading glasses for the 3 inch screen. Thought the subtitles had failed or I had turned them off by accident but only was a character speaking Spanish which isn't translated in one section. The inteconnectednes reminded me of La Ronde by Flaubert ( I think that was him, been very long since I read that.)<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; Well this one was without the craziness I had come to associate with the latter half of April and May. Five years, my how time flies.<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Zen hugs, Joe <BR></DIV></TD></TR>
<TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD height=1 style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" UNSELECTABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><p>
--0-1728454197-1083619402=:15167--