[Hpn] North Fort Meyers Promoting Nimby Attitude Are They On World Wide Homeless Boycott Watch List ?

Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:30:33 -0400

www.news-press.com

Shock the rich

It has come to my attention, and to many, that the homeless who are living
in the woods in North Fort Myers are being displaced or thrown in jail.

It is very tormenting, and I believe that many civil rights violations may
be taking place by this. To take homeless persons and throw them in jail is
wrong, and un-Christian like. Lee County spends millions of federal grant
dollars to save the manatee, as well as many other worthless programs, and
you the taxpayers are willing to include in these grants more jails and
prisons to jail the poor person. What is up with that!

I believe our flag should have money signs in place of the stars, and all
the rich people can claim their freedom then.
My son and I cannot go on much longer, so we may have to move to the woods,
and perhaps go to jail for being poor.

We live in a place where all our little money goes for rent, and if we
cannot pay, we must move to the woods. I am disabled, and cannot help that I
am sick, and there isn't one agency in Lee County that cares. The United Way
gets millions for the poor, and my phone calls only reveal their deep desire
to refer us to someone else!

Yes, I agree that there are some bad apples in the bunch who commit crimes,
and I believe they should be dealt with according to the law. But on the
other hand, there are some who, through no fault of their own, should be
helped by all means.

So you rich people use your credit cards, and perhaps lots of you have no
money to back it up, and you file Chapter 13, and start over for the sake of
your boats, Hummers, condos, etc. and not give a damn about the poor person
asking for something to eat! Perhaps an economic depression in our country
might shock the rich!

REV. ALEXANDER JENKINS
North Fort Myers, Florida