[Hpn] Franken & Sidran: get a room

Wes Browning wes@speakeasy.org
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:47:50 -0700 (PDT)

My hero, Al Franken, has reportedly endorsed former Seattle City
Attorney for the Washington State Attorney General's office,
apparently just because Sidran asked him and reminded him that they
took a class together in Harvard in the Late Sixties.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2001983618_franken20m.html

Oh yeah, and because Sidran has taken some Liberal positions while he
was Seattle's attorney. But what I'm sure Al Franken didn't know,
because he doesn't live in Seattle, is that Sidran is responsible for
some of the most opressive laws against the homeless we have. When it
comes to homelessness Mark Sidran has prided himself on being the
Rudolph Juliani of Seattle.

I'll still be a fan of Al Franken, but I'm always going to think, why
couldn't they have just got a motel room, and spared us this painful
endorsement?

-- Wes Browning, Real Change, Seattle