[Hpn] re: begging for justice

joe reynolds jos_reyn@yahoo.com
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:36:51 -0700 (PDT)

--0-891416617-1064522211=:36465

<Critics say that the City Attorney's office is wasting its resources on frivilous prosecutions. Ordinances written by Barisone outlaw bubble-blowing, hacky-sacking, and playing a flute too near a building. Barisone recently prosecuted two activists for using sidewalk chalk on a public sidewalk. >

   (Emphasis mine) Okay on the chalk they can claim it is not their property even though apparently only the police objected but frivilous is so much an understatement when the "crime" is bubble-blowing (!). Sure I hate hacky-sackers -who doesn't - but come on does this really need to show up in city court ??? I mean give me a break -playing a flute too near a building ? What is the threat? Are they under the misconception that this is how the Twin Towers were brought down??? Grief, what about a musicakl student playing one INSIDE, can't get any closer than that or is some magical geis invoked when crossing thresh holds? Well, yes but nothing involving flutes anyway...
    This raises  (lowers?) the bar on stupidity in facism.
    My god, what if they'd been playing a tuba !!!!!! ???????
    Whoever wrote these laws should go into show business, What comedy! Besides I hear Andrew Dice Clay in looking for new mateial and he could do worse. Well, maybe not...
            Zen hugs, Joe
                  www.geocities.com/jos_reyn

--0-891416617-1064522211=:36465

<DIV>&lt;Critics say that the City Attorney's office is wasting its resources on frivilous prosecutions. Ordinances written by Barisone outlaw<STRONG><EM><U> bubble-blowing, hacky-sacking, and playing a flute too near a building</U></EM></STRONG>. Barisone recently prosecuted two activists for using sidewalk chalk on a public sidewalk. &gt;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; (Emphasis mine) Okay on the chalk they can claim it is not their property even though apparently only the police objected but frivilous is so much an understatement when the "crime" is bubble-blowing (!). Sure I hate hacky-sackers -who doesn't - but come on does this really need to show up in city court ??? I mean give me a break -playing a flute too near a building ? What is the threat? Are they under the misconception that this is how the Twin Towers were brought down??? Grief, what about a musicakl student playing one INSIDE, can't get any closer than that or is some magical geis invoked when crossing thresh holds? Well, yes but nothing involving flutes anyway...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This raises&nbsp; (lowers?) the bar on stupidity in&nbsp;facism. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; My god, what if they'd been playing a tuba !!!!!! ???????</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; &nbsp; Whoever wrote these laws should go into show business, What comedy! Besides I hear Andrew Dice Clay in looking for new mateial and he could do worse. Well, maybe not...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Zen hugs, Joe</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A href="http://www.geocities.com/jos_reyn">www.geocities.com/jos_reyn</A> </DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-891416617-1064522211=:36465--