[Hpn] Poor,disabled and homeless discriminated against by Franklin, NH

William Tinker wtinker@metrocast.net
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:13:13 -0400

No humor in it

Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Letter to the editor

I did not have my camera yesterday, but it was sadly noted that the homes
that NH-ADAPT, Under The Bridge and New Hampshire Homeless had protested and
picketed to save were being torn down. If you remember, 37 persons were
evicted by the city in a attempt to poverty cleanse downtown Franklin.
We at that time requested Dr. Ruben Botello of Homeless World to place
Franklin on the worldwide global boycott list, and this was done in an
attempt to bring some sanity back to Mayor Tony Giunta and Franklin
councilors. I even asked the ex-governor Shaheen to intervene. She ignored
our pleas for help. One of these buildings was built by Daniel Webster's
cousin and should have been saved for historical value. So I noticed the
Franklin Savings Bank head honcho with a shade of a smirk on his face as the
buildings were ripped apart. I see nothing humorous about the razing of
buildings that could have had 64 persons of low income housed in them. When
winter rolls around again very soon, I am going to be angry if we have a
single homeless death because of this type of rape of the disabled and poor.

WILLIAM TINKER
Northfield,New Hampshire

 Concord Monitor and New Hampshire Patriot
P.O. Box 1177, Concord NH 03302
603-224-5301