[Hpn] FRANKLIN NH APARTMENTS ARE RAZED BY CITY 16 UNITS OF HOUSING DESTROYED

William Tinker wtinker@metrocast.net
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 15:14:10 -0400

I did not have my camera yesterday folks but it was sadly noted that the
homes that NH-ADAPT,  Under The Bridge And New Hampshire Homeless had
protested and picketed to save, were being torn down yesterday.If you
remember 37 persons were evicted  by city in a attempt to poverty cleanse
down town Franklin NH.

We at that time requested Dr. Ruben Botello of Homeless World to place
Franklin NH on the World Wide Global Boycott list,and this was done in an
attempt to bring some sanity back to the Mayor Tony Guinta and  Franklin
City Councilmen.

I even asked the  ex Governor Shaheen to intervene, she ignored our pleas
for help.

One of these buildings was built by Daniel Websters cousin and should have
been saved for historical value if the NH Historical Society cared!

So I noticed the Franklin Savings Bank head honcho with a shade of a smirk
on his face as the  buildings were ripped apart,I see nothing humorous about
the razing of buildings that could have had 64 persons of low income housed
in them.

When winter rolls around again very soon.... I am going to be very angry if
we have a single homeless death, because of this type of rape of the
disabled and poor.

A Brother In The Struggle
Bill
William Tinker