[Hpn] Austin, TX - HARVEST FOR HUNGER II - Capital Area Food Bank - Austin 8 TV News - November 14, 2003

HC Covington HC Covington" <hcc@icanamerica.org
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:47:39 -0500

Time Warner Cable, 98.1 KVET & KASE 101 Present

HARVEST FOR HUNGER II

Pat Green and Cory Morrow to Headline Concert
Benefiting Capital Area Food Bank
By Roger Heaney - Austin 8 TV News - November 14, 2003

Austin TX, - Time Warner Cable, 98.1 KVET and KASE 101 today
announced plans for a concert featuring Pat Green and Cory
Morrow unplugged at the historic Paramount Theater. The
concert will take place in Austin on November 19, 2003 at 8pm.

Net proceeds from the unique evening will be donated to
the Capital Area Food Bank to help feed the hungry in
Central Texas. A limited number of premium seating tickets
go on sale today through Star Tickets (512-469-SHOW or
1-888-597-7827). Last year, Time Warner Cable produced the
first Harvest for Hunger concert and donated $10,000 to the
Food Bank.

“We are so pleased to be able to continue our partnership
with the Capital Area Food Bank,” Lidia Agraz, vice
president of public affairs for Time Warner Cable–Austin,
said. “The Food Bank provides a vital service for Central
Texas, by helping our neighbors in need.”

“We are proud to be able to present this great evening of
entertainment, along with Time Warner Cable,” Jason Kane,
regional vice president of programming for Clear Channel
Radio, said. “We hope that this effort will go a long way
toward alleviating hunger in Central Texas.”

The Capital Area Food Bank of Texas is a non-profit
organization that receives and stores millions of pounds of
donated food and other grocery products.

In 2002, the Food Bank distributed more than 15 million
pounds of food to human services agencies in Central Texas
that serve people in need. These agencies include food
pantries, emergency food assistance programs, rehabilitation
centers, low-income daycare centers, hospice facilities,
senior citizen centers and more.

The Food Bank currently provides food and grocery products
to more than 300 agencies in 21 Central Texas counties.

“Harvest for Hunger II will be a tremendous event that will
help many families in need throughout Central Texas,” said
Judy Carter, executive director of the Capital Area Food
Bank. “We are so grateful for the commitment that Time
Warner Cable and KVET/KASE have made to help address the
issue of hunger in Central Texas.”

Media Contact: Roger Heaney, Director of Public Affairs Time
Warner Cable, Central Texas (512) 485-6808
Austin 8 TV News source page: http://tinyurl.com/v9s1
§ THE HOMELESS NEWS §    http://tinyurl.com/2yg2