[Hpn] NORTH MIAMI BEACH, FL - "Homeless Voice" Vendors To Begin Going Door-To-Door - WPLG 10 TV News - November 5, 2003

editor editor" <hcc@icanamerica.org
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 05:27:31 -0500

"Homeless Voice" Vendors To Begin Going Door-To-Door

by Staff Writers - WPLG 10 TV News - November 5, 2003

NORTH MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- Chances are you've seen the people
selling the Homeless Voice papers on the street. Soon they could
be knocking on your door.

The homeless converged on the North Miami Beach City Hall Tuesday
night, asking council members to vote "no" to an ordinance
banning street vending and peddling.

The council voted to table the issue for now. Cities all across
South Florida are either banning the vendors or enforcing a state
law prohibiting anyone from walking in traffic.

Head of the
Homeless Voice, Sean Cononie says they'll simply find new ways to
sell the papers.

"We're definitely going to have to pick more public places.
Whether it be door-to-door or downtown areas or public convention
centers, or any public area, that's what we're going to have to
do," Cononie said.

In fact, Cononie says they will be going door-to-door in Sunrise
and Plantation. The money they make is used to pay for their
shelter.

Copyright 2003 by Click10.com
WPLG 10 TV News source page: http://tinyurl.com/tvhb
 THE HOMELESS NEWS     http://tinyurl.com/2yg2