[Hpn] news from Sacramento

paula farrell paula_95814@yahoo.com
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:13:18 -0800 (PST)

--0-1732993899-1067901198=:79403

Billy McManus, last year, had 3 camping ticket go to court.  Hung jury (most said not guilty) on 2 (I think), guilty on 1.  Necessity defense was used.  City quickly took it to retrial, verdict came back guilty.  Necessity defense was not allowed per judge.  Kelly Tanalepe, pro bono attorney, proceeded to take it to appellate court.  I just found out today that the appeal has been denied.  This will probably mean Billy's sentence will go into effect.  There is a stay away order for him to stay away from American River Parkway, 30 days in jail, probation.  He starts trial, again, for 6 camping tickets, on Wednesday.  Tommy Clinkenbeard, Public Defender, is defending him.  He has been harrassed terribly by cops since first court go around.  Tommy is very dedicated and I believe will do an excellent job.  I've forwarded him much information that I got from you, hpn friends, the last time Billy was in court. Thank you.
Paula Lomazzi

--0-1732993899-1067901198=:79403

<LABEL id=HbSession SessionId="2067139381"></LABEL>
<DIV>Billy McManus, last year, had 3 camping ticket go to court.&nbsp; Hung jury (most said not guilty) on 2 (I think), guilty on 1.&nbsp; Necessity defense was used.&nbsp; City quickly took it to retrial, verdict came back guilty.&nbsp; Necessity defense was not allowed per judge.&nbsp; Kelly Tanalepe, pro bono attorney,&nbsp;proceeded to take it to appellate court.&nbsp; I just found out today that the appeal has been denied.&nbsp; This will probably mean Billy's sentence will go into effect.&nbsp; There is a stay away order for him to stay away from American River Parkway, 30 days in jail, probation.&nbsp; He starts trial, again, for 6 camping tickets, on Wednesday.&nbsp; Tommy Clinkenbeard, Public Defender, is defending him.&nbsp; He has been harrassed terribly by cops since first court go around.&nbsp; Tommy is very dedicated and I believe will do an excellent job.&nbsp; I've forwarded him much information that I got from you, hpn friends, the last time Billy was in court. Thank
 you.</DIV>
<DIV>Paula Lomazzi</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>