[Hpn] Re: Hobomatt and the large of homeless people

joe reynolds jos_reyn@yahoo.com
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:37:29 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1210718636-1057005449=:91146

Quoting from previous digest:

> but they do help show that there are a variety of folks who are
"homeless"  for a variety of reasons:
> "A Hobo is a person that travels to work
> A Homeless Person is a person who is at the moment is without a home,
and it's not by choice!
> A Tramp is a person that travels and won't work - they'd rather beg!
> A Bum is still a bum... a person that will neither travel nor work."

>OK so we have these "catagories" of homeless folk.  The question then
>arises:"What do we, as individuals, and as a society, owe these people?"  I
>for one, see nothing wrong with attaching a requirement or two to the handouts
>that get given to people in need.
                        Matt Parkhouse, RN;
                        Colorado Springs, CO
                        Appointed "Grand Duke of the Hoboes" in Britt, Iowa in 1989
Matt I have to agree about "requirements" but with some caveats. mainly in how reasonable they are and under what conditions. We have all met the petty types who relish making others jump through hoops for damn little. Thankfully most of them take up careers such as high school guidance councelor and might as well be among the disappeared. But some manage to make the rest of us spend moments in hell or hours if they can.
That may be one of those things that will never change.
And as for catagories,  well I don't care for them they become a burden rather than a help in many circumstances But as long as we are on the subject... Well remembr that manager I have mentioned . I work for the $&****# and he is against any program for the homelss vets in the area and has called the cops on one for "loitering" when the guy was actually buying stuff at the surplus shop. Customers aren't loitering, right? Cops thought so too. Anyway despite his having a home and being employed I consider him a "no-good f****** bum! I think you can figure out my opinion.
Anyway he has been frothing at the mouth since the town council had no choice but to give a approvale to the project albeit very unwillingly.

--0-1210718636-1057005449=:91146

<DIV><EM>Quoting from previous digest:</EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM>&gt; but they do help show that there are a variety of folks who are <BR>"homeless"&nbsp; for a variety of reasons: <BR>&gt; "A Hobo is a person that travels to work<BR>&gt; A Homeless Person is a person who is at the moment is without a home, <BR>and it's not by choice! <BR>&gt; A Tramp is a person that travels and won't work - they'd rather beg!<BR>&gt; A Bum is still a bum... a person that will neither travel nor work."<BR><BR><BR>&gt;OK so we have these "catagories" of homeless folk.&nbsp; The question then <BR>&gt;arises:"What do we, as individuals, and as a society, owe these people?"&nbsp; I <BR>&gt;for one, see nothing wrong with attaching a requirement or two to the handouts <BR>&gt;that get given to people in need.<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Matt Parkhouse,
 RN;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Colorado Springs, CO<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Appointed "Grand Duke of the Hoboes" in Britt, Iowa in 1989</EM><BR>Matt I have to agree about "requirements" but with some caveats. mainly in how reasonable they are and under what conditions. We have all met the petty types who relish making others jump through hoops for damn little. Thankfully most of them take up careers such as high school guidance councelor and might as well be among the disappeared. But some manage to make the rest of us spend moments in hell or hours if they can.</DIV>
<DIV>That may be one of those things that will never change.</DIV>
<DIV>And as for catagories,&nbsp; well I don't care for them they become a burden rather than a help in many circumstances But as long as we are on the subject... Well remembr that manager I have mentioned . I work for the $&amp;****# and he is against any program for the homelss vets in the area and has called the cops on one for "loitering" when the guy was actually buying stuff at the surplus shop. Customers aren't loitering, right? Cops thought so too. Anyway despite his having a home and being employed I consider him a "no-good f****** bum! I think you can figure out my opinion.</DIV>
<DIV>Anyway he has been frothing at the mouth since the town council had no choice but to give a approvale to the project albeit very unwillingly.</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1210718636-1057005449=:91146--