[Hpn] Thank you my brother Eli, for opening some eyes!!

William Tinker wtinker@metrocast.net
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:00:53 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: gandolf@beyondthestreets.com

When is a movement going to be made to demand accountability and to point
out the too high cost per homeless helped. I keep seeing figures in many of
the lists but it appears that I am the only one that thinks it shameful that
the cost per person helped is so high.

I am tired of it all, I am fed up with the missions the advocates the
soup[ kitches the advocates, and all those that say they want changes but
don't demand accountability and refuse to work toward setting up our own
co-operative homeless helping the homeless movements.

When salvation army good will all of those other thrift sotores missions and
other non-profits get donated tools equipment cars houses boats etc etc etc
and they never get to the stores to be bought for an affordable price, or
they never get put in our hands so we can get a better paying job having the
tools of the trade or they never get set up in workshop sp[ace so we can do
projects to gain an earned income or to help keep the program running
ourselves, and the so-called homeless advocates fail to brigng it to public
attention or to even hold disscussions about it amoung themselves something
is very wrong and Accountability is needed, revamping of existing orgs or
the preferabal establishing of programs by us and for uis is needed.
 I am sick of seeing all of the posting about homelessness and affordable
housing and no one seems to be working on the major issue ofs what happens
to all of the donated resources and how much really comes in ( the national
co-alition for the homeless recently applyed for a $15,000 grant to do a
website ) where is the money really going to go. where does any of the
moneys go it doesn't go to the homeless it goes to people that already have
money even the orgs that are supposed to care for us if they use us tao do
work, pays us little if anything, but they are quick to pay inflated fees to
contracters ect.

Why isn't any of you joining in in speaking out, I can't anymore will
someone take over. I have been pushing a shoping cart around with my
computer put together from dumpsters and have been treatened with arrest for
plugging it in. I have had nowhere to use the internet but the coalition and
though I like the lpeople there as individuals (not as advocates, as I have
learned to hate advocates) I hate the organization and am going to change my
environment and give up the computer,

Tinker I am off line, it makes no sense to me to be paying for a wesite
space and not be able to finish developing it.

You all just keep on pretending to be doing something, and keep on believing
rev this and rev. that really gives a damn for anything but there
organization and self edification