[Hpn] The appeal of homelessness

Skald Hareksson hobopoets@yahoo.com
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:11:50 -0700 (PDT)

--0-2126501230-1056316310=:88377

HPN,

Here's a great essay I found by the "Grand Duke of Hobos".  It helps to explain the appeal that VOLUNTARY homelessness has for many

--Skald

Whatís the appeal of Hobo Life?
by The Texas Madman, Grand Duke of Hobos

So what appeal to this kind of life is there really?, to the neo-phyte, imagine a way of life where you are not bound by time schedules, home owner bill, job expectations, the IRS, you can live where you want, sleep where you want, travel wherever you want as long as itsí in the continental US and Canada. Never pay a travel fare unless you want to, never pay rent, electric, gas, water, or cable bills, never pay taxes, and see places in the US and Canada others only see in the movies, or in a magazine.

Sound like the lifestyle of Bill Gates, or Donald Trump?, well hundreds of folks live that kind of life every day, in fact that kind of life/culture has been going on since just after Americasí Civil War. A lifestyle/culture so sweet, so addictive, so seductive, so intoxicating, that those of us who retire after 20, 30, even 40 years of are never really free of it. Because Lady Freedom has gotten too far in our blood to gotten rid of her completely. Freedom, complete freedom, and the ability to pursue that ultimate free life, and the vehicle to propel you on such a quest, and a constitutionally base right to free movement.

Clan Hobopoet

--0-2126501230-1056316310=:88377

<DIV>
<P><B>HPN,</B></P>
<P>Here's a great essay I found by the "Grand Duke of Hobos".&nbsp; It helps to explain the appeal that VOLUNTARY homelessness has for many</P>
<P>--Skald</P>
<P><B>Whatís the appeal of Hobo Life?</B><BR>by <A href="http://members.fortunecity.com/texasmadman2002/">The Texas Madman</A>, Grand Duke of Hobos <BR></P>
<P>So what appeal to this kind of life is there really?, to the neo-phyte, imagine a way of life where you are not bound by time schedules, home owner bill, job expectations, the IRS, you can live where you want, sleep where you want, travel wherever you want as long as itsí in the continental US and Canada. Never pay a travel fare unless you want to, never pay rent, electric, gas, water, or cable bills, never pay taxes, and see places in the US and Canada others only see in the movies, or in a magazine. </P>
<P>Sound like the lifestyle of Bill Gates, or Donald Trump?, well hundreds of folks live that kind of life every day, in fact that kind of life/culture has been going on since just after Americasí Civil War. A lifestyle/culture so sweet, so addictive, so seductive, so intoxicating, that those of us who retire after 20, 30, even 40 years of are never really free of it. Because Lady Freedom has gotten too far in our blood to gotten rid of her completely. Freedom, complete freedom, and the ability to pursue that ultimate free life, and the vehicle to propel you on such a quest, and a constitutionally base right to free movement. </P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></DIV><BR><BR><DIV><A href="http://hobopoet.blogspot.com">Clan</A>&nbsp;<A href="http://www.hobopoet.blogspot.com">Hobopoet</A>&nbsp;</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-2126501230-1056316310=:88377--