[Hpn] re another reply for carol

Wes Browning wes@speakeasy.org
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:53:39 -0700 (PDT)

I learned about this list from its founder, Tom Boland, about three
years ago when we met in Edmonton at the North American Street
Newspaper Association conference. I'm sure Tom told me it was open to
both homeless and formerly homeless people. I'm also pretty sure he
said that the idea was to have a mostly unmoderated list where people
of that ilk could talk about anything whatsoever that such people were
interested in. So if you are eligible to be on this list, and you have
an interest, that automatically means it is an interest of at least
one homeless or formerly homeless person, and that entitles you to
talk about that interest on this list.

Tom, if you're out there, did I get that right?

-- Wes Browning, homeless '74, '84-'85, '88, '96-'97, interested in
East Indian lagers, currently.